mark_man12 2004 mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_man12

Jul 3, 2003
Standard
Visit site
This is my first mock draft and I might not know as much about other teams needs as I should but I did lots of research into the teams depth. I don't have enough time to do the explainations of my picks but hopefully if you have any complaints I can give them to you.

I Changed it up a little after I found out that Edmonton was drafting 14 not LA

1-Washington-Ovechkin LW
2-Pittsburg-Malkin C
3-Chicago-Olesz C
4-Columbus-Barker D
5-Phoenix-Tukonen RW
6-New York R-Ladd LW
7-Florida-Smid D
8-Carolina-Schremp C
9-Anaheim-Meszaros D
10-Atlanta-Stafford RW
11-Los Angeles-Schwarz G
12-Minnesota-Radulov RW
13-Buffalo-Valabik D
14-Edmonton-Chipchura C 14-Edmonton-Picard
15-Nashville-Nokelainen C 15-Nashville-Chipchura
16-NY Islanders-Thelen D
17-St Louis-Montoya G
18-Montreal-Picard LW 18-Montreal-Wolski
19-Calgary-Wolski LW 19-Calgary-Korpikoski
20-Dallas-Green D
21-Colorado-Lisin RW
22-New Jersey- Schultz D
23-Ottawa-Graham C
24-New York R-Frannson D
25-Edmonton-Korpikoski LW 25-Edmonton-Wharton
26-Vancouver-Dubnyk G
27-Washington-Zajac C 27-Washington-Nokelainen
28-San Jose-Sindel C
29-Washington-Wharton D 29-Washington-Lyamin
30-Tampa Bay-Lyamin D 30-Tampa Bay-O'neill

When I intially did this this draft I had LA at 11 and 14 because the Hockey News book had LA at 14 but when I found that it was Edmonton I didn't think Edmonton would pick Chipchura. I believe they would take Thelen, Green, or Schultz instead. But I left it the way I had it before for now. I could also see Bolland going where Zajac is.

Last edited:

mark_man12

Jul 3, 2003
Standard
Visit site
I believe you are probably right about Nokelainen he is too high. I was trying to look at team needs and Nashville was at center. I didn't think they would have taken Bolland or Zajac with the pick so i went out on a limb and picked him. I do think there are better players to draft at this position. Maybe Picard or Wolski.

Wolski Is Probabbly to low. Now i have to admit I am a Flames fan but when I did draft I looked at every teams needs and Wolski was still left at 19. I didn't do it so Calgary would get him. I was actually expecting Calgary to pick either Lisin or Korpikoski when I got to them. When Wolski was still there i couldn't pass up. I wouldn't doubt to see Calgary's real pick be Korpikoski

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
mark_man12 said:
When I intially did this this draft I had LA at 11 and 14 because the Hockey News book had LA at 14 but when I found that it was Edmonton I didn't think Edmonton would pick Chipchura. I believe they would take Thelen, Green, or Schultz instead. But I left it the way I had it before for now. I could also see Bolland going where Zajac is.
If Picard's available at #14, I think EDM would grab him. I think Montreal could use a player like Chipchura, and would then take him at #18.

Good mock though.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
good job with your mock draft

smid and meszaros are the highest in your draft than i have seen in any others and most people have thelan going before them as well -- nice to see someone do something different for a change

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
mark_man12 said:
This is my first mock draft and I might not know as much about other teams needs as I should but I did lots of research into the teams depth. I don't have enough time to do the explainations of my picks but hopefully if you have any complaints I can give them to you.

1-Washington-Ovechkin LW
2-Pittsburg-Malkin C
3-Chicago-Olesz C
4-Columbus-Barker D
5-Phoenix-Tukonen RW
6-New York R-Ladd LW
7-Florida-Smid D
8-Carolina-Schremp C
9-Anaheim-Meszaros D
10-Atlanta-Stafford RW
11-Los Angeles-Schwarz G
12-Minnesota-Radulov RW
13-Buffalo-Valabik D
14-Edmonton-Chipchura C
15-Nashville-Nokelainen C
16-NY Islanders-Thelen D
17-St Louis-Montoya G
18-Montreal-Picard LW
19-Calgary-Wolski LW
20-Dallas-Green D
21-Colorado-Lisin RW
22-New Jersey- Schultz D
23-Ottawa-Graham C
24-New York R-Frannson D
25-Edmonton-Korpikoski LW
26-Vancouver-Dubnyk G
27-Washington-Zajac C
28-San Jose-Sindel C
29-Washington-Wharton D
30-Tampa Bay-Lyamin D

If Thelen is still available at 15, and Chipchura's off the board, I bet the Rangers move up to 15, in front of the Islanders, to get him.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
mark_man12 said:

17-St Louis-Montoya G

Because St. Louis "needs" a goalie prospect, right?

:shakehead

I seriously doubt, first, that Montoya will be around at the #17 pick, and second, that the Blues will take him even if he is.

If Montoya were ready to step into the NHL next season, it'd be one thing. But he's not. The Blues could use some help in goal, but they need it now, not five years from now. Five years from now, the depth in the system (that you say you researched) will be playing in St. Louis -- Barulin and Nissinen.

The Blues have more pressing needs upon which to spend their first pick.

I don't mean to belittle what you've done, and I'm sorry if I'm protesting too much here, but everyone and his brother keeps trying to pimp Montoya to the Blues because "they need a goalie," without having any idea of what the Blues already have in the system.

Frankly, I'm not convinced that Montoya will be any better than either Barulin or Nissinen, nor am I convinced that Montoya's even the best goalie likely to be available when the Blues pick.

mark_man12

Jul 3, 2003
Standard
Visit site
Brian Weidler said:
Because St. Louis "needs" a goalie prospect, right?

:shakehead

I seriously doubt, first, that Montoya will be around at the #17 pick, and second, that the Blues will take him even if he is.

If Montoya were ready to step into the NHL next season, it'd be one thing. But he's not. The Blues could use some help in goal, but they need it now, not five years from now. Five years from now, the depth in the system (that you say you researched) will be playing in St. Louis -- Barulin and Nissinen.

The Blues have more pressing needs upon which to spend their first pick.

I don't mean to belittle what you've done, and I'm sorry if I'm protesting too much here, but everyone and his brother keeps trying to pimp Montoya to the Blues because "they need a goalie," without having any idea of what the Blues already have in the system.

Frankly, I'm not convinced that Montoya will be any better than either Barulin or Nissinen, nor am I convinced that Montoya's even the best goalie likely to be available when the Blues pick.

Hey its allright to protest what I have done its your own opinion. The reason why I thought St. Louis could use a goalie is that the ones they have drafted weren't as top of prospects as I thought they were. After I read this I looked up Konstanin Barulin and noticed he was drafted in the 3rd round but the only reason he went that low is not enough exposure. If your the only one or even if I get two or three more complaints from fans of certain teams thats allright. I have the same problem with lots of other people who think Calgary should draft Dubnyk at 19 because we have Krahn who has about the same potential as Dubnyk. I think the only way Calgary drafts a goalie is if Montoya or Schwarz is still available. But who knows I could be wrong.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Big Bill said:
Good call Slats.. oh I mean jas... How do you know that?

Notice I said "I'D BET" that such a deal would take place. That would be my opinion. Supposedly, the Rangers like Thelen (wouldn't have anything to do with two current Ranger prospects - Corey Potter and Lee Falardeau - attending MSU, would it?) And, gee, Sather's never been known to try and tweak Milbury, has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->