Value of: Mark Stone to Anaheim

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Might need a 1st going back at least, Ritchie isn't really enticing.
I figured there would have to be another piece of that ilk. Ducks would most likely not trade their first so it would probably have to be a prospect. I could see Max Jones as an easy add on by the Ducks. Ottawa would probably be more interested in Steel/Terry/Comtois

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I figured there would have to be another piece of that ilk. Ducks would most likely not trade their first so it would probably have to be a prospect. I could see Max Jones as an easy add on by the Ducks. Ottawa would probably be more interested in Steel/Terry/Comtois

Yeah, someone around there, but Stone only has year left, so I'm not sure he could fetch that either.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
It'd have to be a really big + if Ritchie is the centerpiece of a Mark Stone deal. Stone was a PPG winger, who is defensively responsible on the biggest dumpster fire team in the league last season.

Sens would be looking for Ondrej Kase or Sam Steele plus a pick. To me, Ritchie just doesnt have the value. Sure he was a top 10 pick, but his stand alone value right now is not going to even start the conversation for one if the best wingers in the league.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Why would the Sens trade away all their top players when they don't have their top pick?(f*** I love to be Colorado Avalanche right now.)

Reactions: milehigh11

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
An overpayment for Stone isn’t needed. Even without Perry, Silfverberg, Kase, Terry, Eaves, Roy, and Gibbons can all play the position. Would rather overpay in a trade for a LW

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
An overpayment for Stone isn’t needed. Even without Perry, Silfverberg, Kase, Terry, Eaves, Roy, and Gibbons can all play the position. Would rather overpay in a trade for a LW
LW would be ideal, especially since it wouldn't be cheap to re-sign Stone and we still have Perry for the next couple. Big fan of Stones all around game though, I think he's a better player than Rakell today, he'd be the ducks best winger.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Murray wont make a significant offer on a rental, he stated as much about Karlsson. Perry May be out for awhile not not long enough to make resigning Stone make sense/possible. A deal would also likely have to include Silf just to make the money work right now. It would be great for the team but I can't see Bob doing it .

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Tough to replace even a diminishing Perry, but we have too many RW now,
And I’d imagine given our draft history, BM isn’t giving up a first in this upcoming draft.

I’d offer Larsson as part of something but can’t imagine we can lose Jones AND Ritchie we still need some nastiness in the pipeline that can actually play

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Murray wont make a significant offer on a rental, he stated as much about Karlsson. Perry May be out for awhile not not long enough to make resigning Stone make sense/possible. A deal would also likely have to include Silf just to make the money work right now. It would be great for the team but I can't see Bob doing it .

I agree Silf makes sense to move. Maybe Silf + Protected first + a Larsson/Max Jones/level prospect. Ottawa could flip Silf for a nice return.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id do

Silf + Larsson + 1st(top 10 protected) - they could sub the 1st out for max jones if they prefer

for

Stone + whatever balances it out (unsigned), I assume there would be a condition if he was to resign too

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tough to replace even a diminishing Perry, but we have too many RW now,
And I’d imagine given our draft history, BM isn’t giving up a first in this upcoming draft.

I’d offer Larsson as part of something but can’t imagine we can lose Jones AND Ritchie we still need some nastiness in the pipeline that can actually play
Meh Comtois looks better than jones and Ritchie already.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Stone for

1st(lotto protected)+Larsson+Steel
Unfortunetly… I think Steel is going to be heavily relied on this year.... were missing Perry/Eaves/Kesler to start the season... so Steel is likely going to be playing 2a/2b with Henrique.

Also wed have to send some sort of cap back, so silf would have to be part of the deal I think (which you guys likely can flip if you don't try to resign for a 1st at deadline).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Or maybe some sort of 3 way trade, kinda guessing on the 3rd team but I know some blue fans have shown interest in Silfverberg, and they have a ton of good assets they could use to make the trade work for all 3 teams.

Ducks: Stone
Blues: Silfverberg
Senators: Larsson, 2019 1st(lottery protected), Barbashev, +Blues 2019 3rd round pick.

Essentially

Sens trade Stone to ducks for Silf, 1st 2019(protected) and Larsson.

Sens flip Silfverberg for Barbashev + 3rd.

Condition something if Stone resigns in Anaheim.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It'd have to be a really big + if Ritchie is the centerpiece of a Mark Stone deal. Stone was a PPG winger, who is defensively responsible on the biggest dumpster fire team in the league last season.

Sens would be looking for Ondrej Kase or Sam Steele plus a pick. To me, Ritchie just doesnt have the value. Sure he was a top 10 pick, but his stand alone value right now is not going to even start the conversation for one if the best wingers in the league.

Stone is a UFA to be that will be expensive to sign to a new contract too expensive for the Ducks we are not trading Kase or Steel for him.

I think something like a 2019 1st(lotto protected) + Sam Steel + Antoine Morand would be fair

For a UFA to be we are not trading anything like that.

Stone for

1st(lotto protected)+Larsson+Steel

No way

Last edited:
Reactions: Exit Dose

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wouldn't mind looking into duchene also, if stone is out of range/not being moved.

Why not both?

I'm not trying to stir anything up as a rival team, but if Ottawa and Anaheim trade, I feel like if I were Anaheim trying to rob Ottawa... sorry... help Ottawa not lose as much assets to free agency, I'd set up a trade with the following attributes:

To Anaheim: Stone + Duchene
Why: To replace Perry and because I seem to recall the Ducks often have centre depth issues due to Getzlaff's age and random injuries to the centres each year? Serious assets to compete with the crazy arms race in the West. And... I don't think Anaheim will be upset about moving on from Perry due to his decline if the right assets go back.

To Ottawa: Perry (cap) + Above assets for Stone? + ???? + conditional assets to make sure Duchene and Stone stay out of East?
Why: Real dollars of Perry's contract vs "favorable cap hit for cap floor purposes" and random assets in general. Add on the possibility of LTIR Perry and not having to pay that as well... Melnyk should be happy. Oh, and Ottawa's assets go to Western conference... even though it seems like a really stupid thing to insist on.

Issues:

Perry has to sign off on trade I believe. I don't think he has an NTC as I see NMC only on his contract (I could be wrong), but I think he and league have to sign off due to him being on LTIR.

Trading Perry could piss off Getzlaff.

Thoughts?
Feel free to destroy my post if you'd like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->