Mark Stone signs for $7.35 for 1 year

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Our team is hardly an embarrassment. Lots of embarrassing drama going on in here all summer though.

Yeah, nothing embarrassing about our owner. Nothing embarrassing over the fact we are likely trading our franchise player. Nothing embarrassing over the fact Hoffman’s fiancée was allegedly harassing the Karlsson’s online. Nothing embarrassing over the fact we have the smallest scouting staff in the league. Nothing embarrassing about our GM and every time he speaks.

Are you f***ing kidding me? Jesus f***ing Christ.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah, nothing embarrassing about our owner. Nothing embarrassing over the fact we are likely trading our franchise player. Nothing embarrassing over the fact Hoffman’s fiancée was allegedly harassing the Karlsson’s online. Nothing embarrassing over the fact we have the smallest scouting staff in the league. Nothing embarrassing about our GM and every time he speaks.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Jesus ****ing Christ.

Yeah, most of that stuff doesn't really embarrass me. Why would it, it's all related to the hockey team I cheer for. I mean, if someone were to come up to you and say "hey the EM is a real loser, sucks for your team" are you really going to feel soooo embarrassed? Like really? You wouldn't be more like "yeah he's a dooooosh, but we're hoping for new ownership soon..." Where does the embarrassment come in? Other players and teams aren't looking at the Sens as some sort of huge embarrassment, and it doesn't look like our players are embarrassed, so why are you?

Like most things Sens related, nothing is as big outside of this board as it is in here. We don't have much money but it looks like more is coming, EK has not been traded, Hoffman's fiancee has zero to do with the team, but was traded quickly to solve the personality clash, and PD is not embarrassing in the media.

If you don't take things that happen to the team personally, you may find that it's not really embarrassing so much as a trying time for the team, and also seemingly a time of transition. Some of you got caught up in every twit and tweet to start the summer, and I'm sure it was an emotional rollercoaster, but at the end of the day, nothing happened.... at all. We had a nice draft, got Stone and Ceci signed for next season, the new arena deal seems to be moving along harmoniously, and we have been swamped with rumours of new ownership coming on board.

Not really feeling the embarrassment here. Guess that's just me.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Right now the team is embarrassing, hoping a long term deal is coming for Stone which will take away some embarrassment for the team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Im not embarrassed about the team whatsoever, but I'm just a fan.

It is extremely embarrassing for anyone working for the team though, it's been a year of disaster after disaster, and the only thing they've done to try and tilt the pendulum back is hire 2 people to the front office.

This was the 30th place team, and it's been subtracted from. They're in a very embarrassing position.

- Owner/GM threw together extremely embarrassing PR meetings at townhall (personal opinion more so than fact)

- Let franchises best player negotiate with other teams

- Have no NHL signings.

- No trades to make the team better in the short/long term.

- 3 best players are 10 months from UFA (take that as you will, there's no changing anyone's mind on what this means/doesn't mean)

- Zero communication with anyone at all. Media are going to target them every step they f*** up (quite a few if I were a betting man) this coming year

- No 1st in a year they are assumed/logically thought to bottom out.

I'll be the first person to point out things I perceive as positive. I've never in my 10+ years here thought them to be in a position like this, and thus was never this negative. Now though, we're up shit creek.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'm not sure how one is supposed to be embarrassed over something they haven't control over.

I'm disappointed in the team, and I'm not going to spend the same kinda money on them that I normally do as a result of that.

But not really embarrassing. I bonded with a habs fan not long ago over the mutual suckage of our teams

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Im not embarrassed about the team whatsoever, but I'm just a fan.

It is extremely embarrassing for anyone working for the team though, it's been a year of disaster after disaster, and the only thing they've done to try and tilt the pendulum back is hire 2 people to the front office.

This was the 30th place team, and it's been subtracted from. They're in a very embarrassing position.

- Owner/GM threw together extremely embarrassing PR meetings at townhall (personal opinion more so than fact)

- Let franchises best player negotiate with other teams

- Have no NHL signings.

- No trades to make the team better in the short/long term.

- 3 best players are 10 months from UFA (take that as you will, there's no changing anyone's mind on what this means/doesn't mean)

- Zero communication with anyone at all. Media are going to target them every step they **** up (quite a few if I were a betting man) this coming year

- No 1st in a year they are assumed/logically thought to bottom out.

I'll be the first person to point out things I perceive as positive. I've never in my 10+ years here thought them to be in a position like this, and thus was never this negative. Now though, we're up **** creek.

The nice thing those it that it finally looks like things have come to a head and new ownership and cash are on the horizon along with a new arena. While our stars have not been signed to long term deals yet, we still have them all.

Sometimes things need to become dire before they get fixed. I'm getting the vibe that things are already starting to turn.

As for no first next year, I'd take Duchene over a first every time, but if for some reason we end up trading our stars we'll get firsts in return no question. In my opinion we surprise bottomed out last year which netted us BT, but next year we'll be in the mix again if we keep our three best players. If not we'll have a bunch of high picks to grab all of these sure fire stars folks keep talking about.

Reactions: stagger00

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm not sure how one is supposed to be embarrassed over something they haven't control over.

I'm disappointed in the team, and I'm not going to spend the same kinda money on them that I normally do as a result of that.

But not really embarrassing. I bonded with a habs fan not long ago over the mutual suckage of our teams
Pretty much, hard to be embarrassed, but it's clear it's being run like a Blockbuuster in 2013. Anyone who isn't disappointed or questioning the direction either doesn't really understand, or are just looking to see what they want.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The nice thing those it that it finally looks like things have come to a head and new ownership and cash are on the horizon along with a new arena. While our stars have not been signed to long term deals yet, we still have them all.

Sometimes things need to become dire before they get fixed. I'm getting the vibe that things are already starting to turn.

As for no first next year, I'd take Duchene over a first every time, but if for some reason we end up trading our stars we'll get firsts in return no question. In my opinion we surprise bottomed out last year which netted us BT, but next year we'll be in the mix again if we keep our three best players. If not we'll have a bunch of high picks to grab all of these sure fire stars folks keep talking about.
The sure fire stars are acquired with top 5 picks (which is what I believe ours will be, hence the mistake, especially looking at the top end of 2019 draft). Teams acquiring our stars will be giving picks in the 20-31 range, where you get guys like JBD. Nobody is going to be acquiring these guys as rentals midway through the season without playoffs being a certainty, and no teams not making the playoffs are going to give up unprotected lottery picks.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Pretty much, hard to be embarrassed, but it's clear it's being run like a Blockbuuster in 2013. Anyone who isn't disappointed or questioning the direction either doesn't really understand, or are just looking to see what they want.

I think the team was being run on a shoe string budget, so that's what you get, and EM was frustrated with the fanbase for not supporting the team. Since his boondoggle and the subsequent showdown it would seem that the team has added some professionalism to the front office, and situated itself to enter the season with everyone on board.

I'm disappointed in last season like everyone else, but the silver lining is the top 4 pick we got. The fact that we have not traded EK, got rid of Hoffman quick, and have been building up Belleville and quietly making sure all our current players were signed for next year seems to me that there is indeed a plan, and that we're in a sort of safe holding pattern while things are being ironed out.

Personally I think that people can be upset at things that have already happened if they so choose, but to be upset about what they think will happen is pointless.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The sure fire stars are acquired with top 5 picks (which is what I believe ours will be, hence the mistake, especially looking at the top end of 2019 draft). Teams acquiring our stars will be giving picks in the 20-31 range, where you get guys like JBD. Nobody is going to be acquiring these guys as rentals midway through the season without playoffs being a certainty, and no teams not making the playoffs are going to give up unprotected lottery picks.

The thing is, I don't think we have a chance in hell at picking top five if we play the full season with Duchene, EK, and Stone.

The trade stuff is just conjecture at this point, and worst case scenario stuff, which is fine as an example. Of course trades can happen to teams that aren't in the top third, who have cap space, and said player can agree to an extension. It really is pointless to assume the worst and then cater emotions around that. Also, we're not taking a protected pick for EK, come on now, we're not talking about trading Turris here.

We have all of our guys, and we have a pretty good young team if we keep everyone together, theres lots of reasons to be hopeful.

Reactions: pzeeman

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We're a 9-18 draft position playoff bubble team with our roster if....

-Karl isn't traded, plays the full season healthy

-Boucher plays the young guys, namely Chabot, and we get lucky with 3+ new forwards making an impact on our NHL roster. (which isn't outlandish considering our farm system, by impact I mean top 9 or better role). His system also needs to be addressed, if the team cannot consistently execute it, which seemingly lead to numerous breakdowns last year, it should be altered.

-We get something close to the Duchene we saw close out the season

-We need one of our defenders to step up as a number 4 guy to play with Karl, Chabot, Ceci (Jaros?)

-Andy needs to find consistency. He still had a large sample of games in 2018 where he player at a very high level (920+ SVP), but he was incredibly inconsistent with lots of bad games and poor goals.

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Anyone who isn't disappointed or questioning the direction either doesn't really understand, or are just looking to see what they want.

that's a very interesting choice of words

the way I see it we are up against a financial wall that is too steep with a 500m building on the horizon and no public money involved.

we've got heavy rumours of an equity injection

we've got stars needing contracts with bonus money lockout protection that the equity injection hopefully addresses. we've got the same 3 stars REPEATEDLY stating they want to be here.

we've got a crop of youngsters that looks pretty promising and a board full of critics that just last year were crying to play the kids

it'd be great to have Toronto money....but that would mean I was a leaf fan and likely worse living in Toronto

I'll hold out hope that the equity injection solves most of what is ailing the team

and in the interim we can both see what we want to see I guess

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad