Mark Stone signs for $7.35 for 1 year

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
holy **** some if you guys are unreal

something positive comes out on the stone situation and you can't even find a little ray of sunshine in it
How about this for positive:

The only reason Pierre didn't f*** this up was because there was no existing variable for him to f*** up on.

Arbitration agreement = 1 year deal, or long term deal. Those were the only avenues presented to him. Sadly he got the worst one done.

Sad :(

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
holy **** some if you guys are unreal

something positive comes out on the stone situation and you can't even find a little ray of sunshine in it
It’s pretty cloudy today. I do see some blue spots though...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Every player eventually leaves & no team should be solely dependent on one player, hell even Alfie left ... twice & Ottawa got over it both times. Ottawa also has plenty of very good prospects coming who could turn into decent NHL players & hopefully they get lucky with a couple who turn into elite players as Stone & Hoffman did. This team may be out of contention but the future looks like they could have a decent team at some point if a number of these prospects pan out. And if they have to trade a few of these stars like EK, Duchene or Stone they should get more very good prospects/picks back to continue to stock the prospect cupboard. How's that for a positive outlook?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Every player eventually leaves & no team should be solely dependent on one player, hell even Alfie left ... twice & Ottawa got over it both times. Ottawa also has plenty of very good prospects coming who could turn into decent NHL players & hopefully they get lucky with a couple who turn into elite players as Stone & Hoffman did. This team may be out of contention but the future looks like they could have a decent team at some point if a number of these prospects pan out. And if they have to trade a few of these stars like EK, Duchene or Stone they should get more very good prospects/picks back to continue to stock the prospect cupboard. How's that for a positive outlook?

It’s based on hope. IF all of that “pans out”, sure, it’ll be positive at that time.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Alfie leaving was the beginning of the end for this owner.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If EM doesn't leave now, the franchise is dead.
A very bleak outlook. While I hope he does sell, I also think he could survive this, fans have short memory's but this franchise will also need some good news that can transition into ticket sales. Should be another interesting season ahead with multiple possibilities involving this team. Another good display at the Rookie Tournament would help kick start next season & a good training camp, if anyone pays attention to these things besides us. Inserting some youth onto the roster would also peak some interest, but the season as a whole at this point does not look promising.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Ottawa has not recovered since Alfie left though.... The drop in attendance has had a direct correlation on Melnyk screwing up the situation. Thats when it started, thats when he lost the trust of the fan base and since then has only proven how incompetent he is and how deserving of the blame he is.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
What exactly was Stone supposed to say to Garrioch other than what he did? If he was unhappy in Ottawa it's not like he would come out and say "I'm not staying beyond this year, I don't like the direction of the team - they tried to trade Erik Karlsson for God's sakes!"

I think Stone does want to stay and be apart of the solution but if he didn't want to stay then he's too much of a pro to tell that to the media in the summer after a trainwreck of a season.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
They're rich celebrities/pro athletes, pretty sure adultry and Dui's are like a prerequisite to participating in that world.

Not my opinion. Those who do it have the same low moral values in my view as any ordinary person.

Woods is an ultimate douchebag and I don’t get anyone who admires him.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad