Value of: Mark Stone OTT

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Pulju + Top 10 protected 1st + Sekera (LTIR) + 2020 2nd + Kassian
For
Stone (extended 8 years x 8 million)
Very good offer. Although I think you can have him for cheaper at the deadline without an extension and hope he re-signs.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
2019 1st + Good prospect as a base.

Unfortunately the organization has shown they value money over value, so assuming a team can fit him in without sending back a cap dump it probably wouldn't take a whole lot more than that (unsigned anyways, an extended Stone is a whole other barrel of fish).

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Very good offer. Although I think you can have him for cheaper at the deadline without an extension and hope he re-signs.
If he comes with the risk of running away then I dont trade for him. Lets be honest, the Oilers are a dumpster fire. I would want him extended so we know that he wants to play in Edmonton and will be here for a long time.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Pulju + Top 10 protected 1st + Sekera (LTIR) + 2020 2nd + Kassian
For
Stone (extended 8 years x 8 million)

way too much. that is more than what Karlsson fetched. Also Stone cant resign till January. I think he will wait till UFA to sign an extension since it would only be a 3 month wait

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id love stone on Anaheim … not sure we could fit him or extend him tho

But id start with 1st(unprotected), Larsson, Jones(morand or Ritchie)+ conditional pick on him resigning

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Pulju + Top 10 protected 1st + Sekera (LTIR) + Kassian
For
Stone (extended 8x8 or less)

Take out the first and I like this but could we afford him at 8x8? Would really limit our options strengthening the D but he'd be a perfect person to aid in our lack of forward defensive aptitude and PK.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Take out the first and I like this but could we afford him at 8x8? Would really limit our options strengthening the D but he'd be a perfect person to aid in our lack of forward defensive aptitude and PK.
With this deal we could. Sekera and Kassian = 7.45 out, Stone is 8 in. Stone would be perfect for Drai on the 2nd line. Both are excellent defensively and big bodies that have an elite scoring touch. We could actaully be more than a 1 line team.

For the D, I'm afraid we'd just have to hope and pray that Bouch and Bear turn out. Like we are rn.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If he comes with the risk of running away then I dont trade for him. Lets be honest, the Oilers are a dumpster fire. I would want him extended so we know that he wants to play in Edmonton and will be here for a long time.

If we are looking at trading him, which is essentially guaranteed by now (no one is going to the games) then he'll want to test UFA.

He will be traded for peanuts.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Stone would easily fetch a better return extended than an underwhelming prospect and a protected pick.. oh and the defenseman who is never healthy.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I'd do Bennett + Kylington + the Flames' 1st top-10 protected for Stone, although I think the Flames need a guy like Duchene more.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Boston should be a good fit. Have plenty of entry level guys that Ottawa can keep in contract purgatory for years to come.

Too bad they’re in the same division and can’t trade with each other. You know. Because of that long and storied rivalry between the two. Habs Bruins esque really.

Also wouldn’t want to upset the 12 fans in the building after the TDL. Think of the children!!

Reactions: olli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
From the Jackets, for an unsigned Stone: Bjorkstrand, Milano, 1st round pick.

You can swap out Milano for something else maybe - I'm not sure what the Sens want. If we can work out an extension prior to the trade, in January presumably, then obviously the Jackets would offer more. Maybe a lot more. I'll be honest - without Panarin the Jackets would probably give up more than this if necessary to get a guy like Stone long term.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
From the Jackets, for an unsigned Stone: Bjorkstrand, Milano, 1st round pick.

You can swap out Milano for something else maybe - I'm not sure what the Sens want. If we can work out an extension prior to the trade, in January presumably, then obviously the Jackets would offer more. Maybe a lot more. I'll be honest - without Panarin the Jackets would probably give up more than this if necessary to get a guy like Stone long term.

How would Sens fans value Vitali Abramov? I presume many are familiar with him from the team in Gatineau. He could be included in the return for Stone, but I'm not sure how either club values him. The Jackets are watching him now in the AHL, and are hopeful that his obvious top end skill will translate, but is he quick enough for a tiny player? Pronman is not high on him, while Scott Wheeler lives him, has Abramov around 30th on his list.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
How would Sens fans value Vitali Abramov? I presume many are familiar with him from the team in Gatineau. He could be included in the return for Stone, but I'm not sure how either club values him. The Jackets are watching him now in the AHL, and are hopeful that his obvious top end skill will translate, but is he quick enough for a tiny player? Pronman is not high on him, while Scott Wheeler lives him, has Abramov around 30th on his list.

Fwiw, I watched a Abramov a ton while he was in Gatineau and I absolutely love the kid. However, I don't think he'll ever make the permanent jump to the NHL so I wouldn't really target him if I were Dorion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->