Proposal: Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson to the Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Avs will just offer 64 mill for 8 years to Stone in the offseason, maybe throw in 88 for 8 to Karlsson while we’re at it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Couple of things:

It is the Sens, they are going to get bent over for Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson sooner or later, would you rather lose them for nothing or get something in return.

The Sens pick is gonna be high.

So a top 5 pick and a late pick for arguably the best defenseman, and one of the best two way forwards in the game?

You're high.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Lol...are the Avs adding MaKinnon? You are asking for Ottawa's 2 best players signed long term with retention.....that's brutal.

I bet this is kind of the trade the Sens will make, they will panic and do something stupid, in this trade they get their first round pick back.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Lol...are the Avs adding MaKinnon? You are asking for Ottawa's 2 best players signed long term with retention.....that's brutal.

Can you imagine the reaction if op was a Leafs fan? We'd all have to answer for this.

Franchise 1D, maybe even higher status than that. 1W good on both sides of the puck. Signed long term, retention for two firsts

Ridiculous thread

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Its also unrealistic since Karlsson doesnt want to negotiate anyways, and Ottawa cant make him do it.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
To Ottawa:

2019 AVS first round pick
2019 AVS Ottawa's first round pick
Ian Cole(cap purposes)

To the Avs:

Mark Stone
Erik Karlsson
(Both signed to long term contracts and the Sens retain a little on both, the Avs might have to add a small asset.)

They will get more if they pawn them of 1 by 1. Karlsson alone signed and retained would get a massive haul, and Stone would easily get 3 pieces.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I bet this is kind of the trade the Sens will make, they will panic and do something stupid, in this trade they get their first round pick back.
Or, they play Stone for the 1 year they signed him...keep EK and play well enough up to the deadline to make sure that pick isn't 1OA.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
They could trade both at the deadline for the more then that.

Highly unlikely,nyeamsnknow that those two are most likely not signing back with the Sens, so why would they pay much. With this the Sens don't lose them for nothing, like the Islanders did with Tavares.

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
Couple of things:

It is the Sens, they are going to get bent over for Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson sooner or later, would you rather lose them for nothing or get something in return.

The Sens pick is gonna be high.

Well, first, you should be asking Sen's fans that question and not me. Second, you are vastly overvaluing draft picks, and that's coming from a person who values them probably higher than most. You are getting a 1D on almost any team and a top line winger with great offensive instincts and plays well without the puck. Not to mention they are both signed long term and retained. Avs' 1st will be mid to late. Sen's pick is obviously valuable but not that valuable. Ian Cole is whatever.

This isn't just bending over the Sens. It's bending them over, spitting in their face, and then telling them to take a cab home without giving them any compensation for fare.

I think Ryder, Halak, and a second would have been less offensive (joke). But seriously, this trade proposal is egregious.

Last edited:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Or, they play Stone for the 1 year they signed him...keep EK and play well enough up to the deadline to make sure that pick isn't 1OA.

They sucked last year with Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson and they probably suck more this coming season.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
But why would the other teams pay a ton for them when they can have them for free, you are a Leafs you should know.
What's this free shit you keep talking about? You don't think Tampa would give assets for EK? You don't think Stone would be desirable? I'm not talking about Ottawa playing them all year, they will deal them at the deadline.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The longer they hold onto EK the lower his value likely drops. I hope Dorion’s not dumb enough to do that just to make sure the pick isn’t 1st overall.

Whether that pick is 1st overall or 31st overall it should make absolutely zero difference to the Senators and their plans. It isn’t theirs anymore so why worry about it.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Ya but if they trade him at the deadline, they only get him for 3/4 of the season anyways lol. They still have plenty of time to tank after the deadline.
I don't know how to word this, i was going to say the only way this trade makes any sense is if the pick is guaranteed to be #1OA....but there is no way at all that this trade makes any sense.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I don't know how to word this, i was going to say the only way this trade makes any sense is if the pick is guaranteed to be #1OA....but there is no way at all that this trade makes any sense.

Complete agree
This trade doesnt make sense anyways. Karlsson isnt even willing to negotiate.

But if it was a guaranteed first overall, im not trading that for anything on the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad