Mark Seidel- May Top 100 prospects

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
People need to understand that every NHL scouts' list looks something like this. As do team lists, although often they aren't quite as extreme (but sometimes more so).

All of the regular "services" most of us pay attention to basically gravitate towards each other as the season goes on. We see it every year. By year end, the differences are all minor and they aren't much different.

But with teams and pro scouts, they don't care what others are saying. They are paid to do their own list that they believe in, not to replaciate with some minor shuffles, some other list. Otherwise a team would fire their scouts and simply use a mixture of available scouting lists.

People would be shocked at team lists if they could ever see them. Some teams might not have Ryan Murphy in their top 30, while others won't have a guy like Tomas Jurco on their list AT ALL. Meanwhile, they might have a guy like Jesse Forsberg or Reid Boucher in their top 30.

honestly, one of the best posts out there.

I do not like Mark's list, but Dr Sens has put it perfectly here. Most NHL teams lists will look something like this with players off the board or homeruns ranked pretty high.

Every team has scouts that see certain areas more then others and those players will get ranked higher then others.

I am not agreeing with this list, and the errors on it is beyond abysmal, but many on here need to realize that they have no clue what kind of list NHL GM's have, and how off the wall they might be.

Especially in a year like this when any player can go from #10-40, posters really need to relax and mellow out over a free list for you to read.

I would prefer anyone complaining about this list, to make a top 60 of your own on here, and lets see who is closer; your list or Mark's...

Not many will step up to this challenge, but COME ON PEOPLE, MAKE YOUR OWN TOP 60 LISTS!! Post them on this thread, and lets see who actually turns out closer, you, or the guy many of you are calling stupid....
Lets see who has the stones...

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Dream....good post.

My 2 cents...........every armchair scout/gm can put together a list with the top 10, top 50, top 100 ......RNH, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Strome etc. etc. mix em up anyway you want....#1 or #2, #12 or #15...........

I appreciate the people that actually scout the players and provide both rankings and scouting info on the kids 150 to 250 etc.

The people that do this are at the games.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
All draft lists vary from scout to scout, but fair to point out the good when a scout makes the correct call.

Mark Seidel was one of the few that had Jeff Skinner at #4 in 2010, whereas CSB had Skinner as low as #32.

That one was dead on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad