Mark Seidel- May Top 100 prospects

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Mind=Blown at pretty much that whole list, that was even beyong Buttonesque craziness. :amazed:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I heard him on the pipeline show this weekend. He said his reasoning for RNH at 4th was because "he was pushed off the puck a number of times and his strength was a big concern".

Does he realize that the kid is 17 and skinny as hell? Of course strength is a concern. The draft is about projecting....

Brutal list, although I do believe everyone has a right to put together a list how they see it.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
thanks- I thought he was a scout for the NA portion of CSS

anyone know how large and thorough NACS is?

The numerous errors- players on the wrong team, players identified as D men vs F etc. would indicate thorough does not apply.

As RS said....he was on The Pipeline Show yesterday.....the most used word by him was "we" ...... Who the heck is "we" ? Me , myself and I would be more fitting.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
I heard him on the pipeline show this weekend. He said his reasoning for RNH at 4th was because "he was pushed off the puck a number of times and his strength was a big concern".

Does he realize that the kid is 17 and skinny as hell? Of course strength is a concern. The draft is about projecting....

Brutal list, although I do believe everyone has a right to put together a list how they see it.

How many times do you figure he saw him live?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Albert Yarullin is a ND or a late-round flyer on many lists, but he has him in the 60's...as a centre.

I'd really be curious as to how he came around to these rankings.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Albert Yarullin is a ND or a late-round flyer on many lists, but he has him in the 60's...as a centre.

I'd really be curious as to how he came around to these rankings.

I have seen Yarullin on several occasion and he has been always terrible. And yes, he is right-handed D.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
After seeing some lists out there by some of these 'pro' scouts I think I could start my organization like this.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Since you actually attend games (lots of them) and watch many others you certainly could......and your comments would have some value.

I have no doubt we could put together a list more comprehensive and more accurate than Craig Button or Mark Seidel. I'm not sold that either of those 2 have even seen as many guys as I have or the top guys as many times as I have, judging by their lists.

When your logic for putting RNH 4th, behind Larsson, Landeskog, and Strome, is that he "got knocked off the puck too much for my liking", then I don't value your opinion all that much. I listed to him talk on on The Team 1260 and he went on about how the 3 ahead of him had tons of intangibles, and while RNH probably has some of his own, they weren't on the level of the other 3. Really?

Last edited:

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
No Jaskin in the top 100? Bizarre. He has Ryan Sproul at 30th... Sproul was ranked 142nd at the midterm by ISS... and wow having Yuen at 52nd.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I don't know, I really like Tyler Biggs. I think he will be very good. Just my opinon though

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Also, the thing I've noticed with Seidel is that he is doing this list based on how he would personally pick the draft moreso than on how he thinks the draft will be picked which I actually admire.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
The numerous errors- players on the wrong team, players identified as D men vs F etc. would indicate thorough does not apply.

At least this year he's not ranking players ineligible for the draft, but the errors are once again rampant. Kalle Johansson, not Karl. J.F. Leblanc, not Lebland.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
At least this year he's not ranking players ineligible for the draft, but the errors are once again rampant. Kalle Johansson, not Karl. J.F. Leblanc, not Lebland.

My favorite is Ryan Strome playing for the rangers. That would have been very interesting to see him centre landeskog and reider and having Strome and murphy run the points on the PP, but sadly it was not to be.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Might have a little bit of a Blades lean to them...

To be fair there is only one Blades player eligible this year that I am really high on, and that's Siemens. And even with that said, I don't have him inside my top 10 in my mock I am putting together right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad