Mark Seidel- May Top 100 prospects

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Holy **** this List is a crappy top 100 list. The guy that put that top 100 must be retarted. LIke How can you put Armia at 24th overall and put Tyler Biggs at 9th overall. And Also how is Ryan Strome ahead of Couturier and RNH. Then my fav player of the draft Alexander Khokchlachev is at 40 overall wich I believe he'll be in the top 15 in the upcoming draft. Also J.T Miller is way too high on the list (sitting at 16th overall). What a horrible list.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
maybe he's using old notes- has Saad listed as a member of the US U-18 as opposed to Saginaw....

arsmaster*

Seidel's list is trash.

Why would #4 in Edmonton even matter....Lowe was a good player not a great one...#4 was and should of been available....is Esa Tikanen's number not up for grabs either???

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
People need to understand that every NHL scouts' list looks something like this. As do team lists, although often they aren't quite as extreme (but sometimes more so).

All of the regular "services" most of us pay attention to basically gravitate towards each other as the season goes on. We see it every year. By year end, the differences are all minor and they aren't much different.

But with teams and pro scouts, they don't care what others are saying. They are paid to do their own list that they believe in, not to replaciate with some minor shuffles, some other list. Otherwise a team would fire their scouts and simply use a mixture of available scouting lists.

People would be shocked at team lists if they could ever see them. Some teams might not have Ryan Murphy in their top 30, while others won't have a guy like Tomas Jurco on their list AT ALL. Meanwhile, they might have a guy like Jesse Forsberg or Reid Boucher in their top 30.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
The sad part is, Seidel gets paid to write actual storties, ones with facts and quotes and everything and he comes up with this. I could see some jobber blogger coming up with this BS (ahem), but an actual journo? What a joke. I'm no pro scribe and I am aware of the heavy stones I am lobbing out from the decidedly glass house I live in, but I know the difference between a story that needs to get written and one that only gets written because of the potential for scandal/publicity and this one stinks like the latter. What. A. Clown.

That's what some one said about Seidel.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Seidel's list is trash.

Why would #4 in Edmonton even matter....Lowe was a good player not a great one...#4 was and should of been available....is Esa Tikanen's number not up for grabs either???

It's a respect thing. Lowe is our president and no one has wore that jersey number for nearly 15 years. Not to mention, I think you're underrating his game a bit. He was a pretty solid piece in 6 cup wins.

Anyways, Edmonton only retires numbers if a player makes it into the HOF, and so out of respect no one wore it after he retired, until now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad