Player Discussion: The Drama of Mark Scheifele in Two Acts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
That's what I mean though. If you're preparing 2 different meals then yes, double the work, however if the other player is just eating what Mark is eating, I don't see it as a big deal. That's the assumption on my part. I assume his roommate was just happy having food made for them, but didn't really care what it was. I could be wrong about that, but it feels unlikely that I am.
Well, it is still literally double the work in time consuming preparations, peeling, chopping and so on. It's not like he was making mac'n'cheese for him. I would react the same way as the chef did If my boss asked me to do a significant portion of my job twice each day for the same pay.

Now it's up to the court to decide if Chef did the chef wrong, or if the chef just should have done as Chef asked him to do.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I wonder if Bambi can find a chef that can also somehow help him rediscover his scoring touch.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
That's what I mean though. If you're preparing 2 different meals then yes, double the work, however if the other player is just eating what Mark is eating, I don't see it as a big deal. That's the assumption on my part. I assume his roommate was just happy having food made for them, but didn't really care what it was. I could be wrong about that, but it feels unlikely that I am.
That depends, if they were eating completely different meals, like one has to have steak with mashed potatoes while the other has to have paella, then yes, but I would imagine they'd be eating at least similar types of food which would take mostly the same ingredients and cooking methods even if the diets were different, which doesn't make it much more work. And besides a proper chef can cook multiple completely different meals simultaneously in pretty much the same time.

From all appearances, Mark was raised by good parents and cares about his reputation. I know that if I were sued, even if it wasn't on the front pages of the paper, it would affect every aspect of my life to some extent. I disagree it would have "zero effect" on his game.

How much? We can't know.

I don't know, if he was stressing about getting sued, he probably would've just settled it by handing the guy the 20k or whatever and telling him to frick off. We're talking about 1 or 2 day's salary here

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Guy sounds like a pain in the ass. Does he really expect double pay to cook for 2? It's exactly the same. Sounds like a chef though......lol.

The article makes no mention of who the other player is and where this second meal was being cooked. There should certainly be some assumptions however.

Safe to assume that this second player was room-mate Andrew Copp.

Also although Scheifele has noted in interviews he has a very specific diet, I think it's safe to assume that Copp, just 15 months younger, would be on a near identical diet.

Also safe to assume that the Chef's salary didn't cover ingredients, so the truth as many have stated is that larger portion of the same dishes are being created and that these expenses were certainly covered.

If that's the case, it sounds to me like the Chef is the shifty one, shafting Scheifele.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
My brother made a bid at a charity auction for Senaris to come to your house and prepare and serve a 7 course dinner, we went, my wife got sick and I ordered a pizza on the way home. No wonder he is depressed, having to eat that shit all the time. Sheif should counter sue for impersonating a chef.

I don’t understand.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Actually it would be double the work if the other player is like Scheifele. I remembering reading a article how Scheifele had some kind of analysing to determine the exact foods he needed to eat for his body type and that he had personal diet made just for him.

Yup, Gary Roberts duped him into dna diet bullshit... Scheif seems like a gullible person.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The article makes no mention of who the other player is and where this second meal was being cooked. There should certainly be some assumptions however.

Also although Scheifele has noted in interviews he has a very specific diet, I think it's safe to assume that Copp, just 15 months younger, would be on a near identical diet.

Also safe to assume that the Chef's salary didn't cover ingredients, so the truth as many have stated is that larger portion of the same dishes are being created and that these expenses were certainly covered.

If that's the case, it sounds to me like the Chef is the shifty one, shafting Scheifele.
We're only seeing the plaintiff's side here, so we have to take it with a grain of salt (no cooking pun intended)...but it sounds like they had a contract, then Scheifele wanted to change the terms of the deal to add a player for some amount of money. The chef refused the new terms and they cancelled the contract for refusing.

Reactions: KCjetsfan

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

2ec83de7c2bd6d01bb1f055a7d11a8e5.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Or he's just looking at every legal option to stay in peak physical shape to be the best player he can be .

You got to hate how that Roberts guy goes around ruining the careers of wanna be's like Stamkos, McDavid and Scheifele:sarcasm:

Doesn't change the fact that Gary Roberts is selling snake oil and Scheifele took it.

Why not get a power balance bracelet? Selanne, Shaq O'Neal etc. wore that so it must do wonders...

Reactions: imec

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Didn’t the Jets get rid of there private chef a few years back? Cutbacks?
I heard Wheeler hired that one.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I was looking at players actual salaries today and was amazed yet again at Scheif's contract.
The next 4 years he deal is...
5.5m
6.75m
5.5m
6m
Scheif's defensive liabilities are mentioned on here all the time but next to Helle (argument could be made including Helle as well), he is the Jets' most important player. An absolute steal of a deal.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I was looking at players actual salaries today and was amazed yet again at Scheif's contract.
5.5m
6.75m
5.5m
6m
Scheif's defensive liabilities are mentioned on here all the time but next to Helle (argument could be made including Helle as well), he is the Jets' most important player. An absolute steal of a deal.

Well yeah, he broke 50 points once during his ELC 5 years after being drafted. Mackinnon signed a similar deal too around that time and he's a top 3 talent.

Mark's next contract won't be so kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
5.5m
6.75m
5.5m
6m

Absolutely one of the best assets in the league from an ROI perspective.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad