Mark Santorelli (Chilliwack Bruins)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I did not see him ranked at mid-term by CSS--but judging that he finished 9th in WHL scoring as a rookie coming from the BCHL (abeit Aug '88 born) --what round should NHL teams be grading him in? He was also hitting quite well against Vancouver in the game shown on Sunday night on Sportsnet...

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I did not see him ranked at mid-term by CSS--but judging that he finished 9th in WHL scoring as a rookie coming from the BCHL (abeit Aug '88 born) --what round should NHL teams be grading him in? He was also hitting quite well against Vancouver in the game shown on Sunday night on Sportsnet...

i was gonna make a thread on him as well, i have been keeping tabs on Moller this year and in doing so have been watching Santorelli's statistical progress, he has put up some impressive numbers in the WHL on a bad team where he has little to work with.

He's 6-1, 185lbs, has 82 pts, and isnt getting any attention, poor skater???

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Skating is a question mark. Choppy stride, not great acceleration.

That said, what he's accomplished this year as a rookie on an awful team is really impressive, and will probably get him selected in the 4th-5th round of the draft. Sort of an Andrew Brunette type - a lot of poise with the puck, great on the PP, makes smart decisions and smart passes and has a really good feel for the game ... not a flashy player at all but always in the right spot. Decent size and not a soft player. Might be the prototype AHL scorer, but there's a fair bit of upside there and someone will pick him in the mid-rounds.

Brother of Mike Santorelli, who is a Nashville prospect playing at Northern Michigan.

________

Chilliwack actually has a few older sleeper-types. Another player I quite like is Nick Holden, an '87-born WHL rookie who has come out of nowhere to become the Bruins' #1 defender. 6'3", reads the play well, pretty mobile, and has a fair bit of skill, even to the point where they were using him in shootouts earlier in the year. I'm very curious to see if he's drafted in June or if anyone gives him a pro contract for next season.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Brother of Mike Santorelli, who is a Nashville prospect playing at Northern Michigan.

If he can score like his brother some team will take a chance on him. His brother Mike is a sniper! He scored 30 on a very average Northern Michigan team this year.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Is Mark Santorelli draft eligible in 2007? They both went to my elementary school back then, and I had a class together with Mike!
Vancouver should take a chance on Mark though.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
VMAN: He was draft eligible last year, and is still eligible for this years draft.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Mike Santorelli is, IMO, the most underrated prospect Nashville has. I figure he'll finish his time at NMU next year before getting a serious look, but I love him as a prospect. It'd be cool if Nashville could get his brother, too :)

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Mike Santorelli is, IMO, the most underrated prospect Nashville has. I figure he'll finish his time at NMU next year before getting a serious look, but I love him as a prospect. It'd be cool if Nashville could get his brother, too :)
yeah, that would be cool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad