Mark Owuya

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
From what I understand, he's basically Sweden's version of Ray Emery. However, with the gimmick aside, it all looks like he's a good goalie. Just wondering if Swedes think he has a future in the NHL.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He's expected to sign with an NHL club this off-season, so he'll obviously be a step closer next season likely playing in the AHL. With the right goalie coach and hard work I say definitely, he's got good potential and is still young. There are many goalies and few NHL jobs though, so better make an impression right away.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I don't have a clue when it comes to goalies, but from what I can tell he might actually be underrated, since nobody gives him much respect at all here in Sweden.

He has not very good rebound control and lets in a easy one now and then, but he might still become a quality goalie. He has taken big strides this season and seems very focused on improving. In Sweden he has a reputation of being shaky, but hey he is still very young for a goalie and his numbers are actually excellent this season.

Hes not a very good rapper though :sarcasm:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I remember watching him 2 years ago in the WJC, kept his team in the game vs. canada in a pre-competition game where SWE was outshot pretty bad. Looked very good in net, it was just one game though. Should be interesting to see where he ends up

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
How many Goalie prospects do the Leafs have now? seems like 100s.

Until they find their shiny apple for the long-term, I'm sure they'll keep on signing them. Both Gus and Owuya explained their choice to sign with the Leafs because of working with François Allaire more than anything else.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know how it translates to North Americans, but I don't really see how he is Emery-like. He comes across much more like a somewhat goofy guy than a guy with a big ego in Swedish.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Until they find their shiny apple for the long-term, I'm sure they'll keep on signing them. Both Gus and Owuya explained their choice to sign with the Leafs because of working with François Allaire more than anything else.

problem is finding them all playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->