Rumor: Mark Madden Thinks Penguins Aren't Done Making Moves

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Mark Madden took a call from a fan a few days ago. The fan asked Madden if he thought the Penguins would make more moves. His answer was a quick "YES".

Madden is a sports talk host in Pittsburgh. One of the best in the business.

upload_2020-2-14_16-9-20.jpeg

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Mark Madden took a call from a fan a few days ago. The fan asked Madden if he thought the Penguins would make more moves. His answer was a quick "YES".

Madden is a sports talk host in Pittsburgh. One of the best in the business.

Madden is no where near the best in the business. I lived in Pittsburgh for several years and I found him to be nothing but a loud blowhard. Few other guy's in the Pittsburgh media I'd trust on related news over Madden. Meeting him in person verified my opinion

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
what top prospects do they have left?

I love what Pitt is doing... All in for the final years of Crosby and Malkin, why the heck not!

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A Pens fan should provide context. His response can either mean he's going to make a few more minor moves or empty the cupboards (relative to what the Pens still have).

The last time the Pens went all in at the deadline ('13), we saw them hand over two(!) second rounders for Doug Murray on top of the package for Igilna.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
what top prospects do they have left?

I love what Pitt is doing... All in for the final years of Crosby and Malkin, why the heck not!

Poulin. Hallander and Legare probably have solid value but they're not at the level of Poulin and Addison (Hallander would probably have been up there if he hadn't gotten injured this season). That being said, I think they'll make depth moves rather than adding another big fish. At forward I could see someone like Nate Thompson or Trevor Lewis. For defense maybe Trevor Daley or Mike Del Zotto.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins are going to trade like a 4th for Namestnikov and maybe trade a 3rd for Hainsey at the deadline if the prognosis on Marino and Dumoulin isn't great. They're not going to do anything else major because they don't need any more major additions to their roster.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Poulin. Hallander and Legare probably have solid value but they're not at the level of Poulin and Addison (Hallander would probably have been up there if he hadn't gotten injured this season). That being said, I think they'll make depth moves rather than adding another big fish. At forward I could see someone like Nate Thompson or Trevor Lewis. For defense maybe Trevor Daley or Mike Del Zotto.

Depth sounds about right, there has been chatter here in Vancouver that the Pens have shown significant interest on Jordie Benn, Troy Stecher and Tim Schaller, ill try and find the radio hit

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Depth sounds about right, there has been chatter here in Vancouver that the Pens have shown significant interest on Jordie Benn, Troy Stecher and Tim Schaller, ill try and find the radio hit

Given Nucks are in the playoffs are they really looking to move guys? No interest in Benn given he's got another year and while Schaller is the sort of guy Sully would probably like on the 4th line, I'd rather have a faceoff ace like Thompson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad