Confirmed with Link: Mark Lamb named head coach of the Tucson Roadrunners

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hire all the Tippett friends!

In the instance of the team owned AHL coach, I don't think that's a problem since they run the same system in the A and have long before this. I'm not sure that's the right approach but it's the approach they take so it might as well be someone who believes it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
In the instance of the team owned AHL coach, I don't think that's a problem since they run the same system in the A and have long before this. I'm not sure that's the right approach but it's the approach they take so it might as well be someone who believes it.

I have no qualms with the qualifications. They're good enough. It's just not good practice to build incredibly insular (and loyal to Tippett) groups within an organization. That rarely works out. I would have preferred a new voice but Mr. Lamb has his work cut out for him all the same. We're on Mr. Tippett's wild ride, may as well go full speed.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lamb Mark?

Mark Lamb played for DT in Houston and then retired. DT brought him in as an AC in Dallas his first year as HC there. Lamb remained an HC during DT's entire tenure in Dallas. When DT came to AZ, Lamb went back to the WHL (he's yet another Sasky boy) to coach the Swift Current Broncos where he has served as HC/GM for the last seven years. The team has not once made it out of the 1st round in that time, and it might be time for him to get out of town before he gets canned. DT (caring more about relationships than results) might be inclined to throw his old pal a life-line in Tucson. PS - they were also briefly teammates in Philly for the Flyers.

So I'm going to say it will definitely be Mark Lamb. And Les Jackson will be the AGM who manages the Tucson team. The band will be fully back together with DT, Lamb, and Les Jackson.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Swift Current is an old barn and an hour plus drive to Regina which is a small city. (200K people). Hard to attract prime talent.

I currently reside in SK fwiw.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
If we're stuck with Tippet, might as well get in guys who can teach how to player under Tippet. The more ready they are to jump in quickly, the more young talent will get incorporated.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we're stuck with Tippet, might as well get in guys who can teach how to player under Tippet. The more ready they are to jump in quickly, the more young talent will get incorporated.

That was the idea in dumping Maloney. They want everyone on exactly the same page going the exact same direction from now on. It makes sense. I worry about the results, but I don't really question the approach.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
First thing i thought of was this friggin guy. His signs are everywhere in Pinal county.
20878s0.jpg

Two Mark Lambs, one cup. I mean state

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was the idea in dumping Maloney. They want everyone on exactly the same page going the exact same direction from now on. It makes sense. I worry about the results, but I don't really question the approach.

Considering the results on the farm the last decade, we should be worried about results.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad