Prospect Info: Mark Kastelic - Center - 125th

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm hoping this guy turns into a good 4th line centre for Ottawa in future.
Centre or winger would be great. I’d say he has a decent shot at being a 4th liner provided his defensive game is good enough (even though most of these types of picks don’t usually work out and the guys get forgotten)

Reactions: Tuna99 and aragorn

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
All his goals are from the front of the net, throws big hits, plays with spirit looks like he’s belong on the St louos Blues - great 4th line player with leadership.

Reactions: aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Probably best for his development. He will likely keep the captaincy and get to play in all situations and be the guy for his team.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
A quick hockeydb search shows he scored 47 goals in 66 games last year and is 6"04 213lbs. Intriguing.

edit: haha i should of read the thread before posting this.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
All his goals are from the front of the net, throws big hits, plays with spirit looks like he’s belong on the St louos Blues - great 4th line player with leadership.

Not to mention that the coaches used him quite a bit to take important faceoffs in all three zones. He's very good defensively, hard to play against & he can chip some in offensively. He could be a good 4th line player IMO & I would much rather have this kind of player on the 4th line than Boedker, Tierny, Balcers or Ennis.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I like the look of Kastelic rounding out our center position with Logan (or acquisition) , Norris, and Pinto.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

I'm about 16 minutes into this one. Thanks again for putting these together.

Kastelic is pretty good. Could definitely push for that 4th line C position soon. He and Kelly are both fighting hard for 4th line rolls. Both of them play the way the Sens want to play - they can skate, move the puck, harass puck carriers on the forecheck and backcheck, and throw the body. We will be moving on from Tierney soon and should maybe look to move on from Watson at the deadline/in the offseason to make room for these young, fast, and cheap options.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'm about 16 minutes into this one. Thanks again for putting these together.

Kastelic is pretty good. Could definitely push for that 4th line C position soon. He and Kelly are both fighting hard for 4th line rolls. Both of them play the way the Sens want to play - they can skate, move the puck, harass puck carriers on the forecheck and backcheck, and throw the body. We will be moving on from Tierney soon and should maybe look to move on from Watson at the deadline/in the offseason to make room for these young, fast, and cheap options.

Watson is currently our best deterrent on the ice who can challenge the top 2-3 players on other teams. We need him or Brady fighting too much.

Tierney and White are the obvious softer targets that Kastelic could challenge for a bottom 6 roll. Tierney is a UFA and maybe White sticks at top9 RW next year.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ugh I fail to see how that's a good thing beyond his one good year here.

He was a good 4th liner. The problem is we paid him like a good 3rd liner.

He also got in his head. After that 25 goal year he softened up and stopped playing the way that made him effective.

Remember when he intimidated Kadri and fought Horton? That Smith was a perfect 4th liner.

Reactions: robsenz and Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad