Recalled/Assigned: Mark Jankowski Called Up - It's Happening! (Just not yet)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm not gonna complain about opportunity. His callup kind of never made sense in the first place as we had five healthy centres at the time as it were. Time is still on his side.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

What I expected:
giphy.gif

What we ended up doing:
giphy.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A week with the big club, especially on a road trip is going to be important for his development I think.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
The callup was more about meritocracy and to give him a taste than the Flames actually needing him. I'm fine with him being sent back down.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Exactly. Practicing with the pros is a huge benefit for development. He will be back and he will play. And he gives great interviews.
Remember in his first development camp and he hit on Kristen Hallet during the interview? :laugh:

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I need a link of this lol

I wouldn't even know where to find it anymore :laugh:

I too wanted to see this, I tried to do some digging but it looks like everything before 2015 has been purged.

There was a video I liked to go back and look at once in a while for a laugh that's gone too. It was the Flames rookie reporter video of Gaudreau from his rookie season. There was some kid that talked it almost a cartoon voice that interviewed him. The entire interview, you could see Gaudreau was trying so hard not to just burst out laughing at the kid.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've got nothing to do with one or two game call ups, give him a few more minutes each time.

I think with the path he has taken, it will really help his drive. Every time he shows good success, give him a little taste of what's next, then he will just want it more next time. I think we will see good improvement just from his ambition alone, the practices and being around the pros will really help too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad