Recalled/Assigned: Mark Jankowski Called Up - It's Happening! (Just not yet)

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Word on the street is that he could be the best player from the 2012 draft.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just needs to be better than Hampus Lindholm, Filip Forsberg and Alex Galchenyuk. It's certainly not impossible within a few years. Fingers crossed.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.gif

I can't wait to watch the way he stick checks.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good stuff. Unsurprising, but good.

Well, maybe surprising to Flamesnation who think he is only our eleventh best prospect and Christian Tiberi on there, who was in total disarray when we decided not to take a damn compensatory pick.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'm a little surprised he was called up at this point. It's less a matter of whether he's deserving or not, but rather about his long term development.

That being said, I'd much rather see Jankowski as Versteeg's replacement and in the lineup as the third line centre, with Stajan on the LW, than Shinkaruk.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm a little surprised he was called up at this point. It's less a matter of whether he's deserving or not, but rather about his long term development.

That being said, I'd much rather see Jankowski as Versteeg's replacement and in the lineup as the third line centre, with Stajan on the LW, than Shinkaruk.

If he's playing centre, having someone else on the line who can take draws is a good idea.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
It's hard to say, Jankowski is quite responsible defensively so he could be used at C.

True, but most of the Flames centres (Monahan excepted) are defensively responsible; I think he'd be a great complement on the wing of Stajan when he gets to play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The fact this thread is not titled Janko Unchained is a massive disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad