Confirmed with Link: Mark Giordano Nominated for Bill Masterson Trophy

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
There are guys who are more deserving of the Masterson than Gio. I think Stajan should be nominated instead, even Bouma considering he had surgery last season.

From the lot of nominees I think Moore should win it after losing his wife.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would like to thank my Family, my fans, and Bob Matheson himself for being an inspirational hockey thing.

You deserve to win based on your continued perseverance and consistency at being a slacker.

Gio is a class act and one of the very best in the NHL. He may not win, but I sure hope does.

fallsviewafro*

Did Harding get nominated? They should stop the whole process and just give it to him right now. The only one who could even remotely be considered otherwise is Moore.

Congrats to Gio either way. Masterton may not be a huge deal, but its another nice bit of recognition for the once-undrafted captain.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I think they're trying to get away from this being the award that goes to the guy who recovered from the most horrific injury.

Stories like Giordano will probably start getting better looks. Undrafted, given limited contracts with basically no guarantee of playing time, but he PERSEVERED and remained DEDICATED to the Flames and now look where he's at.

He won't win, but he's deserving of the nomination no question.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Did Harding get nominated? They should stop the whole process and just give it to him right now. The only one who could even remotely be considered otherwise is Moore.

Congrats to Gio either way. Masterton may not be a huge deal, but its another nice bit of recognition for the once-undrafted captain.

Harding won it last season, right?

Besides, I am about 95% sure that Dominic Moore is going to get it this season.

Not to take anything away from Gio, I love that guy, but Dominic Moore came back after losing his wife to cancer and taking a year off. I don't think there are many examples that can compete with that in terms of perseverance and dedication to the sport.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah Moore deserves it because he endured some serious struggles. Giordano is on a whole different level of Caliber. He basically did what Steve Begin did when making a comback, except Gio turned into an all-star

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I think they're trying to get away from this being the award that goes to the guy who recovered from the most horrific injury.

Stories like Giordano will probably start getting better looks. Undrafted, given limited contracts with basically no guarantee of playing time, but he PERSEVERED and remained DEDICATED to the Flames and now look where he's at.

He won't win, but he's deserving of the nomination no question.

pretty sure every team nominates someone for that award and the voters choose the top three

JulianHopper*

Now invited to the world's to play for Team Canada. Will consult medical staff before deciding.

As per Pat Steinberg and Wes Gilbertson.

BarkingMad

Once and Future King
Oct 31, 2013
Camelot
Glad to see Gio getting some recognition, huge respect for him as a player and leader of the new Flames. Here's hoping for more from him and you guys in the coming seasons :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad