Injury Report: Mark Giordano LBI

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
giphy.gif

In all honesty, this actually doesn’t make me all that upset. The Flames have been floundering for weeks. This might have just made life a bit easier with the deadline approaching. Stock up on assets this year - completely guilt-free now - and try again next season. I personally don’t see the harm in that.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I got to call you out here.

I need to understand your reasoning as it seems like you love to go make threads on main board about the Flames and they are so appealing to other people (non flames fans) to go in them and **** on the Flames.

I could care less about it being free game but I just want to ask what the reasoning is? You looking for sympathy from Oiler fans? You’re getting the opposite. Look at the Gio thread you made... nice title too.

Just don’t get it. /rant

Truth hurts?

Sorry man, I’ve never been one to homer. Team has been crap the whole season and I’m just speaking what I believe is the truth. The team has been playing lotto hockey WITH their best dman, who the hell honestly thinks we have a decent chance at this point?

Regardless, Brodie and hammer need to be gone by the deadline. Losing both for nothing would be absolutely crippling.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Regardless, Brodie and hammer need to be gone by the deadline. Losing both for nothing would be absolutely crippling.
What sad sack of a team is trading assets for Hamonic? It's no secret how terrible Hamonic has been this entire season; how can we expect to get anything of substance for him in a trade?

I doubt Brodie gets moved unless it's absolutely clear the Flames are throwing in the towel. If you trade Brodie, the top pairing is Hanifin-Andersson, or something to that effect.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What sad sack of a team is trading assets for Hamonic? It's no secret how terrible Hamonic has been this entire season; how can we expect to get anything of substance for him in a trade?

I doubt Brodie gets moved unless it's absolutely clear the Flames are throwing in the towel. If you trade Brodie, the top pairing is Hanifin-Andersson, or something to that effect.

Kris Russell got a conditional 1st...

I think we can get a 2nd for hammer. Sucks given the acquisition cost, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Boomstick

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Kris Russell got a conditional 1st...

I think we can get a 2nd for hammer. Sucks given the acquisition cost, but it is what it is.
Kris Russell was at least the league leader in shot blocking. Terrible stat, but still notable. I also don't remember being eternally frustrated by Russell like I (we) have been with Hamonic this season.

If you can get a 2nd for Hamonic, by all means pull the trigger. Just not sure if that's super likely considering a good team that trades for him is most likely not going to deploy him beyond the third pairing.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Truth hurts?

Sorry man, I’ve never been one to homer. Team has been crap the whole season and I’m just speaking what I believe is the truth. The team has been playing lotto hockey WITH their best dman, who the hell honestly thinks we have a decent chance at this point?

truth hurts, but the approach to delivering the truth is brutal. It just invited the haters to go shit on your team.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
truth hurts, but the approach to delivering the truth is brutal. It just invited the haters to go **** on your team.

Can’t really control what other people do...

Other fanbase get far more shit here. Just a part of being on his board.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He should be shut down for the year along with Valimaki. We need these guys long term.

I hope he is ok and a contender is willing to give us something good...nothing except downhill for him on the flames at this point....

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
If you are honest, you know Gio hasnt helped the team that much this year.
Losing him may even be better in the long term. We can now tank properly and sell the garbage and players that dont fit long term, Hamonic, Jank, Backlund, Hanifin, Johnny...etc

Hopefully, BT doesnt panic and trade the 1st for short term fix. There is NO short term fix.
Giordano hasnt helped this team much? What are you smoking? He has been our best defenseman, followed closely by Brodie and Andersson. He hasn't been scoring as much but he still has been playing great defensively.

Let's just take a look at this ass backwards logic here. If Giordano hasn't helped this team, why does losing him help the tank? And putting Johnny on the list of garbage players along with Hanifin... wow. Why are all your posts so negative towards Flames players?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Giordano hasnt helped this team much? What are you smoking? He has been our best defenseman, followed closely by Brodie and Andersson. He hasn't been scoring as much but he still has been playing great defensively.

Let's just take a look at this ass backwards logic here. If Giordano hasn't helped this team, why does losing him help the tank? And putting Johnny on the list of garbage players along with Hanifin... wow. Why are all your posts so negative towards Flames players?

1) First I post based on their play/effort. I am not going to sugarcoat them. I do not always post negative but feel free to be wrong. I have the right to post my opinion.
2)Yes, Gio is still the Flames best dman. It's sad that is the case, the way he is playing. What I really meant is they play like shit, they are not a contender, there is no need for him. Iggy was traded at the same age and people was complaining that we hold on to him too long. If there is a good deal for Gio, IMO, it should be explored.

3) I know English is not my first language so sometime it's not clear but I was very clear in my post they need to get rid of the garbage (i.e Hamonic...) AND players that dont fit long term (i.e Johnny) so I didnt say Johnny is garbage. I have always been against trading Johnny as I believe he is the ONLY source of offense for the Flames. But it's clear now that he can no longer perform at that level for some reason. Similar to Gio, if there is a good deal, it should be explored.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My favourite part of this thread, is it reminds me of like... 7 years ago when we were tanking what would end up to be Monahan. Lotta people 'telling it like it is'.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
My favourite part of this thread, is it reminds me of like... 7 years ago when we were tanking what would end up to be Monahan. Lotta people 'telling it like it is'.
You guys should look at us neighbors up north. Proceed with caution when tanking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->