Tribute Mark Giordano Appreciation Thread

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Good luck to Gio

it’s not his fault, we have a GM that let both him and Brodie go for zilch

Brodie was lost in FA, but we recovered quickly with Tanev in FA. The Brodie/Kadri deal if consummated would have helped to lock Tkachuk in long term vs the Bridge that just expired.

Gio is different though and it's not totally nothing, it's avoiding a negative cost/other assets. The other players forced Tre's hand and Gio was exposed. The cost to protect Gio from the Kraken was reportedly a 1st (Coronato) and a 3rd (Whynot/Huckins). You can't pay that type of extortion.

I really do hope that Gio comes back to the Flames once his contract is up, but I'd also be fine if he chased the cup. He deserves that.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Love Gio. He is one of the best d-men to ever play in Calgary. I wish him the best but now was the perfect time to move the younger guys up the depth chart. If Gio were here this year he would have been lucky to be in the top 4 especially considering Kylington's camp. If Valimaki gets back into the promising form he had before his injury there could have been a possibility that Gio could have been sitting some games. It's sad to not see Gio in the red but there is a great deal of talent on our back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad