Tribute Mark Giordano Appreciation Thread

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Sad to see Gio leave. Best decision for the club to not overpay to keep him from being selected, but still sucked to see him in a Kraken jersey and officially gone.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'll tell you one thing. If there was anybody I would want to become the first Captain of my franchise it'd be Mark Giordano, guy works his f***ing bag off.

Broke my heart a little seeing Iggy retire without a cup. Hope #5 can lift Mr. Stanley before he calls it a career.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone. One of my favourite things about HF is reading how fanbases share their thoughts about their Hockey Heroes, so to speak.

You’re a first class group here and this was a great Tribute Thread with some nice memories & clips to review. I echo the sentiment that perhaps Gio may be able to return at the Deadline if your Flames are in contention.

Hope all is well with each of you and your families and you’re all enjoying the summer.

Cheers,
BB76BD0B-39EA-4093-9CEB-0D130AAB54D8.jpeg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Shit that is totally gonna happen: Gio will be at the draft and take the stage with Seattle for the 2nd OA pick. There the double-whammy will be revealed wherein Giordano is announced as the inaugural Seattle captain, and then he will make the pick on their behalf. Selecting Matty Beniers.
I despise how accurate this is.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
He is gone for one year unless he signs a deal somewhere else. At the end of the season should the Flames resign him

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Good luck to Gio

it’s not his fault, we have a GM that let both him and Brodie go for zilch

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He is gone for one year unless he signs a deal somewhere else. At the end of the season should the Flames resign him
Do you come back to the employer that let you go unless you can’t find anything good?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Do you come back to the employer that let you go unless you can’t find anything good?
I mean I would for millions of dollars plus I already own a house and have my family established in said city.

I hope Gio chases a cup as we can't get him one but I'd love for him to be a Flame again

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I mean I would for millions of dollars plus I already own a house and have my family established in said city.

I hope Gio chases a cup as we can't get him one but I'd love for him to be a Flame again

Every Player it is their dream to win a cup. However there comes a time when they realize it is not going to happen for them and instead of Gio doing the Iginla and bouncing around team to team in hope for one he can just finish his career in Calgary then take a job with the organization. He only has to play one year with the Kraken then his contract is up. Even if the Kraken trade him at the deadline he can still decide not resign with the team he is on at the end of the season and rejoin the Flames if they want him.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sutter moves upstairs as the new old GM at the end of the season, Gio becomes the new head coach and that wheel keeps on spinning baby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad