Mark Fayne

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
hey guys - Devils fan here...

We've been wondering over on our board how our long lost son Mark Fayne is doing for you guys?

We definitely miss his ability to pinch and hold the zone despite occasionally looking like he is dipped in molasses.

Any thoughts I can bring back to our board?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's played reasonably well. The most consistent defender on the year. Came as advertised. Steady 2nd pairing defensive d-man. Much better than guys like Nikitin and Ference we've also brought in through free agency the last year or so.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
In a perfect world, we wouldn't have Andrew-****ing-Ference taking his minutes.

He is a wonderful player so far, he will be part of the ... eventual... solution.

Gambl0r83*

An exceptional unassuming character, kind of like Nuge.
Solid addition to a fragile D-Core

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
thanks guys. Our back line was crowded with up and coming higher draft picks, so Lou let him walk despite being an extremely reliable 2nd pair guy. I think the vast majority of Devils fans were sad to see him walk. There are better players, but he certainly is a good guy to anchor a backline.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
He's been solid, as advertised.

One of the few signings that actually worked out for the Oilers.

Ogopogo*

hey guys - Devils fan here...

We've been wondering over on our board how our long lost son Mark Fayne is doing for you guys?

We definitely miss his ability to pinch and hold the zone despite occasionally looking like he is dipped in molasses.

Any thoughts I can bring back to our board?

He hasn't been as ****** as the rest of our D corps. Notice, I didn't say he was good, just not as ****** as the other crap we have. He is OK, a middle-pair guy.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
As other posters have said, he's not really noticeable so I guess that's good. I think he'd do much better with a better d partner.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Does his job, and not being noticeable as an oilers D man is always a good thing. Unfortunately we got worse d man playing above him. Probably the only ufa signing that's considered excellent under MacT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad