Mark Borowiecki

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Figured he deserved his own thread since hes probably a full time player this year.
I have to say ive been impressed by this guy. He's been keeping things simple, not doing to much and so far hes been an effective player. Way to go Boro. Keep up the reliable steady play.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The question should be does Boro become a top 4 dmen or remain a bottom pairing?

Your questions depends on chemistry and other players etc.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The Sens version of Radko Gudas.

He'll establish himself as a solid 3rd pairing shutdown D by the end of the season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Borowiecki will be better than Karlsson in a year or two. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Boro is not, and will not be, a top 4 D. Not sure where any of that type of talk is coming from. He will slot in until Methot is back, and then split time in the bottom pairing.

The question is not whether he will be top 4. The question that matters is how many games he will dress for. I would set the over/under point at about 50 unless there is a trade involving D.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Boro is not, and will not be, a top 4 D.

I think it's just by default at this point. With Methot out, we basically have one defensemen who you wouldn't hesitate calling a top 4. I can't believe that management made no attempt to solve this issue in the offseason.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think it's just by default at this point. With Methot out, we basically have one defensemen who you wouldn't hesitate calling a top 4. I can't believe that management made no attempt to solve this issue in the offseason.

They feel Ceci can fill a top 4 role, and Phillips is a stop gap until Claesson and Wikstrand are ready. They also see Cowen as top 4.

In management's eyes we had the makings of a top 4, and there was no point in overpaying for another top 4 D who would potentially take away a spot that could be used to develop our own. I don't agree at all with this, and I would have loved to see a UFA D signing (e.g. Stralman, Ehrhoff, and to a lesser extent Niskanen), but it is what it is.

I think our D will get better as they get more experience, but I am just not seeing the potential that management sees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad