Recalled/Assigned: Mark Barberio recalled

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
I guess we have finally said goodbye to this season. Let's show some effort and progression for next year.

I don't see why bringing Barberio up says that?

We have a crap PP, we lost Hedman our best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush.

In the AHL we have Barberio who runs the Crunch PP and is their best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush. Who else would you bring up given Taormina didn't stand out, except to get brutalised by Ovechkin.

To me this isn't a give up move, this is SFY giving the Lightning the best chance possible to win while also rewarding Barberio for his brilliant play the past couple of seasons and also getting a look for next season.

Now has the season already gone, yes probably. But Barberio is just separate to that IMO.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
I don't see why bringing Barberio up says that?

We have a crap PP, we lost Hedman our best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush.

In the AHL we have Barberio who runs the Crunch PP and is their best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush. Who else would you bring up given Taormina didn't stand out, except to get brutalised by Ovechkin.

To me this isn't a give up move, this is SFY giving the Lightning the best chance possible to win while also rewarding Barberio for his brilliant play the past couple of seasons and also getting a look for next season.

Now has the season already gone, yes probably. But Barberio is just separate to that IMO.

I am excited to see Barbeiro don't get me wrong. I watch a lot of Crunch (Admirals last year) games. My point was that probably Hedman won't return and Yzerman wants to see what Barb can do in NHL. Taormina was not as bad as you say in my opinion. I believe we can show improvement for next year and bringing up Barb and see what he can do is part of that notion. What would I like? That we win the next 9 games and get into the playoffs. Will it happen without Hedman? I would't bank on it with or without him. In the end Lets Go Bolts!!!!

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I am excited to see Barbeiro don't get me wrong. I watch a lot of Crunch (Admirals last year) games. My point was that probably Hedman won't return and Yzerman wants to see what Barb can do in NHL. Taormina was not as bad as you say in my opinion. I believe we can show improvement for next year and bringing up Barb and see what he can do is part of that notion. What would I like? That we win the next 9 games and get into the playoffs. Will it happen without Hedman? I would't bank on it with or without him. In the end Lets Go Bolts!!!!

Aren't there 10 games left? Winning all 10 games would almost guarantee us a playoff spot and Cooper would get the Jack Adams. It's definitely possible with all the talent this team has. They need to work hard though.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Aren't there 10 games left? Winning all 10 games would almost guarantee us a playoff spot and Cooper would get the Jack Adams. It's definitely possible with all the talent this team has. They need to work hard though.

Yeah sorry I checked and saw we have 10 games left I thought it was 9. Hard work beats talent, when talent does not work hard in the words of Kevin Durant.

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

That'd be pretty awesome. But he'd have some competition from Quennville or however the hell you spell his name and Maclean. And Therrien.

Very unrealistic, but, we aren't mathematically eliminated. We'd have to go on one hell of a tear.

Last edited:

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
Out loud I keep saying, well that's it, that's the season, but inside I know I won't actually truly give up until it is mathematically impossible no matter how many games we'd have to win in a row. :laugh:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm just relieved that the Great Barberio European Migration™ has been averted. Stammergeddon™ was enough for this fan to handle. Not sure I would have lived through the GBEM™.

Clearly Yzerman reads this board.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I'm just relieved that the Great Barberio European Migrationâ„¢ has been averted. Stammergeddonâ„¢ was enough for this fan to handle. Not sure I would have lived through the GBEMâ„¢.

Clearly Yzerman reads this board.

It's not that far fetched that someone within Yzerman's office reads a hockey forum to be honest... :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->