Mark Arcobello

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Arco tied for league lead in assists with 10. :handclap:
Not bad for an AHLer playing on a Junior level team

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
When do we start calling him Arcoassisto:naughty:Or Arcoapplebello Edit better yet just Applebello

Last edited:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
He's played both wings plenty...

I'm feeling like an idiot, but when? At the NHL level? Recently? I feel like I should know this but I only really recall him being a C.

EDIT: Wait, didn't Renney try him there? Going to have to check now to see how that worked out...

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Thanks, I just found that as well.

That makes me feel a little better about the idea, particularly since he was a .5 ppg player through those games playing with Belanger AND coming off an injury. Maybe with Hall out for a while it's a viable thing to attempt.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Impressed with the guy. Really hope he keeps it up because we would have 4 legitimate Centres at that point with guys like Acton and Lander being able to fill in when necessary

OR

We use the spare as trade bait.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
At this point I think Acrobello would struggle without high end skill guys on his wings. There is certainly something desirable about finding a player like Acrobello who can play between players like Hall and Eberle without getting in their way. I like what he has been able to do up to this point.

With that said, I'm concerned that he'll become just another non-factor if he's moved off one of the top 2 lines and made to play with the Jones, Gazdics and Eagers of the team.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I was going to make this comment awhile back or even start a thread of my own about it. I've watched Arco closely for the last year+ and...

I prefer Arco's game to Gagner's.

10 games is too small a sample. And he really needs to pot a goal or 2 to cement this thought but...

I think Arco is a much better CENTRE than Gagner.

Obviously Gagner has better finish and is more able to produce offensive plays better than Arco.

Arco's two way game is far superior. His faceoffs are far superior. His general positioning far superior. His passing/playmaking I think is slightly better than Gagners.

He has been one of our best players this year night in and night out.

I say keep him and trade Gags. Cause there really wouldn't be room for both IMO.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I was going to make this comment awhile back or even start a thread of my own about it. I've watched Arco closely for the last year+ and...

10 games is too small a sample. And he really needs to pot a goal or 2 to cement this thought but...

Obviously Gagner has better finish and is more able to produce offensive plays better than Arco.

Arco's two way game is far superior. His faceoffs are far superior. His general positioning far superior. His passing/playmaking I think is slightly better than Gagners.

I say keep him and trade Gags. Cause there really wouldn't be room for both IMO.

Our how about he keep Gags, play him on the wing where he's had previous success and have some C depth for a change?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

Gagner will not be traded any earlier than 15/16

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Our how about he keep Gags, play him on the wing where he's had previous success and have some C depth for a change?

Agreed, depth is absolutely necessary in making the Oilers into a better team.

Why on earth do some posters insist on trading any level of duplication?

No room for Hemsky in top six, can't have two small effective offensive centres, Yakupov can't play on the third line, can't have so many depth defenders.... having options make the Oilers a better team. Injuries happen every year with every team.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

It must be a bit awkward for Gagner, sitting out and watching his replacement do so much better than expected. I'll be interested to see who plays where when he comes back.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At this point I think Acrobello would struggle without high end skill guys on his wings. There is certainly something desirable about finding a player like Acrobello who can play between players like Hall and Eberle without getting in their way. I like what he has been able to do up to this point.

With that said, I'm concerned that he'll become just another non-factor if he's moved off one of the top 2 lines and made to play with the Jones, Gazdics and Eagers of the team.

Every day I slowly start to think this might not be an issue. He does a lot of little things that I think would make him a useful asset on the 4th line. He wins draws, engages in the battle, goes to the net, goes to the corners and make the smart play with the puck. Only thing I haven't seen him do is score or fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->