Mark Arcobello

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
"So... uh, Arco... Thanks for leading the team in points and all, and we all really like the chemistry you have with Hall and Eberle, but... uh... we got Gagner com... No, you did everything we asked you to do and you did more... No, we can't move you to wing, what are we, a well run franchise? Yes, we're dressing Smyth Jones Brown and Gazdic tomorrow. They play two way games."

This! imo you run (top 3 lines in any order based on how they're playing)

Hall - Arcobello - Eberle
Perron - Nuge - Hemsky
Gagner - Gordon - Yakupov
Smyth/Gazdic - Acton - Joensuu
Gazdic/Smyth
Brown

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Very impressed with him. Gagner who?

When Gagner comes back we will have four solid, legitimate Centers.

But like the idea of putting Gags on the Wing.

The Perfect Human*

Early-season stats from Arcobello:

2nd in rookie scoring
T-17th in league points
T-2nd in league assists
T-26th in league plus/minus
6th in face-off percentage
9th amongst C's in hits
T-22nd amongst C's in takeaways

Not a bad player...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's doing very well, but he's had so many chances to score and every time he does he makes the goalie look amazingly uber. If Gagner's faceoff numbers are good, I put Gagner at center instead.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Like be responsible defensively, produce consistently, and not obtain most of his points in a handful of games?

that's the knock people usually have against Ganger, by the way.
I believe those deficiencies apply to him more than it does Arcobello.

I can't believe after 8 games how hard people are still bashing the play of Arcobello.
He's done more for the team than you could hope for, plus an incredible faceoff percentage.

So many problems with the team and the play of Arcobello is NOT one of them. he's been one of the few big positives.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

2nd in rookie scoring
T-17th in league points
T-2nd in league assists
9th amongst C's in hits

Not a bad player...

I haven't looked at it again, but before the season started there was a thread when the OP said Arcobello was the worst NHL player he has ever seen in his life.

most people were defending Arcobello as the poor guy had only played one NHL game to that point. hope the OP realizes how wrong he was and easts some crow.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
How crazy would it be after 3 first overall picks, Arcobello is the first Oiler to win the Calder?

I know there is a slim chance he even plays here all year, but if he keeps up his play, it's going to be very hard to send the guy down.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

2nd in rookie scoring
T-17th in league points
T-2nd in league assists
9th amongst C's in hits

Not a bad player...

If he had an NHL shot he would be top 10 in league scoring ..
Brings a lot of good but those whiffs are hard to ignore.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
One of the very few bright spots of this season so far. Arco is making me eat crow with his play. I had him pegged as a career AHL'er after his one game last year and first couple games this year.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Wow, OKC had him at 5'9" last season, now we see he is really 5'8" on the Oilers site. Just goes to show with is solid play that a lot of heart can go a long way. He is our Rudy.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He's only played 2 bad games and those were his first two games. He's looking more and more comfortable each game. He's looking at worst to be a solid NHL first liner and at best a good 2nd line center. If he keeps this up he might be who we trade for a goalie upgrade.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I'm glad he's got passing chemistry with the others so far, but I would want him to develop any kind of shot before I'm ready to call him a 2nd line center.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
He seems to make the right decisions far more often then anyone else out there. Something we are really lacking is decision making, hope he continues. I'm wondering however if he's turning himself into a good possible trade option once Gags gets back, we really need defense or a goalie so wouldn't surprise me to see him get traded much like Conacher did for Bishop, as already mentioned he's definitely in that mold.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm glad he's got passing chemistry with the others so far, but I would want him to develop any kind of shot before I'm ready to call him a 2nd line center.
Imo Gagner is lucky that Arco doesn't have a better shot. If he did I feel like Arco could straight up take his spot. Guy plays smart, works his ass off, is not a defensive liability either

Sloth Slothersons*

Wow, OKC had him at 5'9" last season, now we see he is really 5'8" on the Oilers site. Just goes to show with is solid play that a lot of heart can go a long way. He is our Rudy.

How old is he if he's shrinking already?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wild idea...keep Arcobello where he is, even after Gagner comes back. Move Gagner to 3rd line rw, and move Yakupov for some bloody veteran help/size/defense/goaltending.

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron - RNH - Hemsky
Joensuu - Gordon - Gagner
Smyth/Gazdic - Acton - Brown/Jones

We don't need Yakupov right now, we need more help in other areas. Move him for players who will help this team play like a team. Or a better option for our "goalie of the future".

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
Would be rather amusing in in the midst of all these first overall picks that it's Arcobello who Rookie of the Year.

Edit... guess I should have read the whole thread.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He's only played 2 bad games and those were his first two games. He's looking more and more comfortable each game. He's looking at worst to be a solid NHL first liner and at best a good 2nd line center. If he keeps this up he might be who we trade for a goalie upgrade.

:huh:

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
How crazy would it be after 3 first overall picks, Arcobello is the first Oiler to win the Calder?

I know there is a slim chance he even plays here all year, but if he keeps up his play, it's going to be very hard to send the guy down.

He won't win the Calder because he doesn't have the "intangibles" the other guys have i.e. playing for an eastern conference team

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm hoping once he pots a goal and the team calms down a bit that his shot might look better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad