Mark Arcobello

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Joensuu/Smyth-Arco-Gadzic/Borwn would be an interesting fourth line.

I really like Gordon inbetween Hall and Yak, and I like RNH with Eberle.

Hall-Gordon-Yakupov
Joensuu-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Arco-Gadzic

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Had a good game yesterday, but aside from that and his face-offs, he hasn't been as great as some of you are proclaiming. The play has died on his stick on a few good rushes and he certainly has no finish whatsoever. There shouldn't be a debate as to who gets 2C spot when Gagner comes back. And this is coming from a Gagner critic.

The stats may say he's a PPG player, but he certainly hasn't looked like it. (Same goes for Hall)

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Had a good game yesterday, but aside from that and his face-offs, he hasn't been as great as some of you are proclaiming. The play has died on his stick on a few good rushes and he certainly has no finish whatsoever. There shouldn't be a debate as to who gets 2C spot when Gagner comes back. And this is coming from a Gagner critic.

The stats may say he's a PPG player, but he certainly hasn't looked like it. (Same goes for Hall)

He also has set up a lot other chances his wingers did not finish, like all other skilled players they do not all go in , but the fact he is still a ppg is showing he packs offence.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Arcobello can't be an offensive catalyst, but he has an uncanny ability to play with skilled players. Wonder what he could do if he could shoot the puck akin to Pisani.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Some people are getting really butthurt about his success thus far - as if it's some slight against Gagner.

What we needed was a guy to step into that secondary scoring role and fill in for one of our injured guys.

What we're getting is something more.

Well, that is just silly if that is the case. Arco has done very well. Better than Gagner on the dot too. If anything, this provides us an opportunity to have another skilled and useful player in the lineup. It also may mitigate any loss of depth should we end up trading a forward. Arco is alright by me. Keep that FO percentage high kid.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
There's no way they can send him down when Gagner returns. Put him on the third with Gordon or go with RNH-Gagner-Arcobello-Gordon.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
There's no way they can send him down when Gagner returns. Put him on the third with Gordon or go with RNH-Gagner-Arcobello-Gordon.

They sure can. He's not a problem on this team, but neither is he a solution, his point totals notwithstanding. Unless they feel Arcobello is a better option than Acton on the 4th line (playing reduced minutes), he's a good bet to be sent down. Does he have to clear waivers, btw?

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
"So... uh, Arco... Thanks for leading the team in points and all, and we all really like the chemistry you have with Hall and Eberle, but... uh... we got Gagner com... No, you did everything we asked you to do and you did more... No, we can't move you to wing, what are we, a well run franchise? Yes, we're dressing Smyth Jones Brown and Gazdic tomorrow. They play two way games."

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
They sure can. He's not a problem on this team, but neither is he a solution, his point totals notwithstanding. Unless they feel Arcobello is a better option than Acton on the 4th line (playing reduced minutes), he's a good bet to be sent down. Does he have to clear waivers, btw?

How is a guy that is leading the team or second in many categories no be part of a team solution? I am no Gagner booster either but it seems obvious we could have used him the last few games too. Are Smac or Grebs going to make any bigger difference than Arcobello already has? I doubt it personally.

The kid has game and isn't getting pushed around like a teenager. He is winning key faceoffs, plays good D and can contribute to the success of top end players. Also a plus player and generating many scoring chances. Sure he is small but that 26 has him reminding me of another great 26. We could use that.

I bet Hall and Eberle think he is fine in the NHL. Just my guess.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
His size seems to be the biggest "issue" here and that hasn't stopped him from posted an impressive 58% on faceoffs, or from fitting in between Hall and Eberle. I don't expect him to keep putting up a point per game, but he deserves to stay up based on his performance so far.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Arcobello is 6th in the league at faceoffs and tied with Pavel Datsyuk in +/- with +5, the best on the Oilers. And this tiny player is also 5th in rookie hits (as of yesterday, that's likely going to go up over tomorrow)

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
No doubts he's played well enough to earn the spot, but is anyone else concerned that once Gags comes back having Assistobello around would make our team even more one diminutional (as in small skill players everywhere)?

Otherwise couldn't be happier with the guy but our continued failures as a team make me wan't to move on from that one dimensional offensive approach.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
If he was a bit grittier he would be like Marchant but with better points(so far). Heck why can't he be another Conacher or Gallagher?

With all the complaining about our centre depth, including by me, it's nice to see a prospect making a case as an NHL player that contributes and excels in areas of the game that take a lot of hard work.

Guaranteed if we had traded him and he was doing this on another team, all the guys complaining about him being here now would complain that we traded away such a great prospect. Go read a Rajala thread if you don't believe me.

Koto

May 3, 2011
"So... uh, Arco... Thanks for leading the team in points and all, and we all really like the chemistry you have with Hall and Eberle, but... uh... we got Gagner com... No, you did everything we asked you to do and you did more... No, we can't move you to wing, what are we, a well run franchise? Yes, we're dressing Smyth Jones Brown and Gazdic tomorrow. They play two way games."

its funny cuz its ...oh wait.

**** :help:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I keep him with Hall and Eberle for the time being, you can't demote him after this start. Either make room for him or trade him while the value is there, much like Conacher/Bishop.

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron-Hopkins-Yakupov
Joenssu-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Acton/Gazdig
Jones-Brown

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Joensuu/Smyth-Arco-Gadzic/Borwn would be an interesting fourth line.

I really like Gordon inbetween Hall and Yak, and I like RNH with Eberle.

Hall-Gordon-Yakupov
Joensuu-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Arco-Gadzic
The only constant in the lineups you post is Gagner on the third line.
If you think Gagner will be getting third line minutes when he gets back, you got another think coming.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I keep him with Hall and Eberle for the time being, you can't demote him after this start. Either make room for him or trade him while the value is there, much like Conacher/Bishop.

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron-Hopkins-Yakupov
Joenssu-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Acton/Gazdig
Jones-Brown

I want Gagner with Yakupov before they totally destroy such a good and genuine caring kid.Also Acrobello has produced with whoever they play him with . He plays a simple smart game and feeds his wingers well.

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron-Hopkins-Hemsky
Joensuu-Ganger-Yakupov
Smyth-Gordon-(Jones/Gazdic/Brown)

Something along those lines work. The thing with Gordon and his line is you can give them more minutes than most fourth lines since they are really more if a third shifted down and Gordon in general you can put it for another centre if they are struggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad