Mario Scalzo (and Danny Syvret)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Kritty said:
I never said the players Bergeron played with were chopped liver. But Bergeron also played in a time when the Q was much more offensive than it is now. And you can't even compare that talent to what Rimouski has. Point-wise they are similar, but on talent, no comparison.
They had no Crosby. But was one of the best team of their year. Talent wise they were close. Shawinigan had a monster defence.

Last edited:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
nomorekids said:
it's simply because guys like bergeron and boyle are the exception rather than the rule. otherwise, everyone would be flocking to take undersized scorers in the hopes they had their paws on the next marty st. louis.

I agree with you, but how to exceptions become rules? By keeping an open mind.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Mario Scalzo, I would sign this kid at the drop of a hat. There's too much in his favor: excellent skating, vision, playmaking, and new rules that will open up the game. And if he's still too small to play defence, you can switch to forward. He reminds me of a smaller Coffey.

Last edited:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
He's definately an awesome skater.

Would need to learn to play better defence to be effective even in the AHL though, IMO. He could be another Dennis Wideman...

I definately hope that Montreal offers him a contract.

Fern

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Scalzo

I live in Victoriaville so I saw Scalzo play for the most part of his junior career. This guy is a perfect copy of Danny Groulx a former Victoriaville d-man who is now a member of the Wings organization. He is probably the best d-man a junior team can have but I don't think he will be a good pro player. He could be just like James Sanford. Scalzo still impressed me yesterday against London has he was the best D of the game in my opinion and the best rimouski player too playing a strong game on defence and was dangerous in offence. He is strong for a guy of his size but still very small. Hope he'll get me wrong and be an NHLer someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad