Mario Lemieux may not be part of Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Mario absent à Turin?

Mario Lemieux. Mardi 22 novembre 2005 - PITTSBURGH (PC) -- Rien n'est moins sûr que Mario Lemieux fasse partie de l'alignement de l'équipe canadienne de hockey qui participera aux Jeux olympiques de Turin, cet hiver.

L'attaquant-vedette des Penguins de Pittsburgh a affirmé en entrevue au réseau de télévision ESPN qu'il se retirera de l'équipe s'il juge qu'il ne mérite pas d'y figurer.

Le légendaire athlète originaire de Montréal a précisé qu'il serait heureux de céder sa place dans l'équipe olympique à son coéquipier des Penguins, Sidney Crosby.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/192481.html

In short, Mario says if he feels he is not good enough to be on Team Canada he will not participate. He would be happy to give his place to Crosby.

If the kid continues to impress I hope he gets it.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I think it'll pretty be like a last week decision for Mario, you can tell he still wants to go, but knows he's not at the top of his game anymore.

However, if Mario does go, it will help the team a lot, he brings more to the table than just his skill, players respect him, and they play hard knowing he's around, and he knows what it takes to win, you want guys like that on the roster.

I would also say that Yzerman will most likely not go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad