Mario Kempe

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
He's been okay. He's not great at faceoffs, but brings energy and hustle. He has a couple goals but his offense is just mediocre. You can also count on him to crash into the opposing goalie at least once per game but get away with it and not get a penalty.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Plays center better than I would have expected. Can't create shots or get in position for them. Occasionally makes a nice pass off the rush.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I dunno, on the list of players who are a problem I've only got Kempe about mid way on the paper. He's only on the team cause Crouse/Strome aren't.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I hope we kept the receipt.

He should be in Tucson if anything.

I agree.

I dunno, on the list of players who are a problem I've only got Kempe about mid way on the paper. He's only on the team cause Crouse/Strome aren't.

We aren't going to be a playoff team this year, so I see little value having Kempe on the team. I would also have Rinaldo and Cousins rotate as our 13th forward. We have to continue our rebuild and let the kids play and develop. If RT wants them on the team, put them on the fourth line, that's where they belong.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Yandover

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I agree.

We aren't going to be a playoff team this year, so I see little value having Kempe on the team. I would also have Rinaldo and Cousins rotate as our 13th forward. We have to continue our rebuild and let the kids play and develop. If RT wants them on the team, put them on the fourth line, that's where they belong.

RT needs to win some games or he won't be around for the rebuild. Kempe/Rinaldo/Cousins might be better options right now then more talented but younger players. We have enough skill to generate goals off the rush. we need forecheckers and turnovers to create opportunities, and that is what we are missing.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Kempe who?? That's my opinion of his play, belongs in Tucson if he's NOT in the 'Yotes future plans... He's 29 and has a lot of Europe hockey under his belt, with this season going the way it is, time to bring up younger blood and prepare them for the journey forward.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Love his wheels. He has no hands. Good on the PK but takes too many penalties for the amount of TOI he gets. He's earned an extension.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think he's actually pretty outstanding at 2 things in terms of impact on the ice.
1. Playing against much tougher competition than you'd normally think to put him against.
2. Limiting dangerous scoring chances.

If he had any offense at all he'd be an NHL regular for another 3-4 years.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He's a fine 4th line, shut down line player. He can eat up minutes, or play hard against skilled forwards. I like him. He just can't shoot or score to save his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad