Marincin. Why is he in our top 6?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
we should pick up djoos and drop marincin ........ babs seems to be in love with marincin and that love affair needs to go away.
Babs isn't the one in love with Maricin , lol .

unfortunately he was the best of a bad lot and that's why he's on the team , at least to start the season it seems

Reactions: qqaz

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Lilj was miles ahead of Mari in pre. He really was.
Leafs PR puts out the word that Marincin was amazing and everyone buys in. The media is well aware their futures and incomes are tied to the Leafs. So they are not gonna sing a different song sheet here. Guess what happens all of a sudden Babs stops giving decent answers to certain guys. and an outlet loses one of 2 seats in the press room. or they don't get the first and prime interview after the game. There are subtle penalties for not playing ball with Leafs. I only saw Saturday nights game so did not see him but clearly Babs wanted him to make it. I will reserve judgment til I see it for myself in season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I thought Liljegren looked okay, although he did look nervous.

He reminded me of Ekblad. Obviously, not as good, but that's what he reminded me of.

The guys going to be a really good D. Really good.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He’s had a good camp, credit is due. But I think it won’t take long for him to show his true colours

He also fell down protecting a 1 goal lead in the last minute against Detroit allowing them to tie the score.

I would take Schenn in a heartbeat over our 3rd longest tenured player.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs fans somehow expect us to have all-star D as the #7 player.

It is what it is... he's not great, but he's better than the rest. Liljegren has far more upside, but I'd rather him play big minutes on the Marlies, in all situations and really develop his game.

A ton of people really getting wound up about this, when he's an injury replacement for the first 12-14 games....

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
He also fell down protecting a 1 goal lead in the last minute against Detroit allowing them to tie the score.

Thankfully Dubas and company are smart enough to not touch Luke with a 50 foot pole.

In 12 games or so he will be back to warming a seat nursing his beers. seriously why get so worked up over a injury replacement? He also works capwise not to mention better him sitting then Lilly.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
There's so much that goes into the decision. Slot allocation is important. So the org needs to consider where each player is in the best position to succeed. It's not just "best 6 guys play." They have to consider handedness, style, age, contracts, chemistry, culture, and a bunch of other things.

One thing I did hear on the radio is that Sandin and Marincin played together in the AHL a lot last season. So the comfort level there would factor in. This might be the best way to get the most out of both guys.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
1st of all I believe Marincin is not going to see much of action once Dermott is back and then I have seen some improvement in his game this pre season and I hope he can keep it up and be consistent

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

the detroit forward's stick got tangled up in his feet, why there was no call is a mystery

watch it again

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Of all the people who have gotten the box treatment, only Marty has come out of it and excelled to any degree. Not a fan of the method, but hoping Marincin can slot into our top 6 until Dermott is back. I think he will do fine there especially with a partner like Sandman

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Marincin has compromising pictures of Babcock is my guess....

He looked better than Barrie and Liljegren in preseason. Heck even Riles looked pretty shaky out there. The only ones that actually played better were Sandin and Ceci imo.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Can someone explain to me why Marincin is in our top 6? I can see a ton of hockey reasons why he should not be. But I must be missing something BIG here. What is it that Babs likes here? What can he do which any one of the other guys can't do? Quite frankly I have not understood this guy from day 1. And I totally get why Oilers cut him.

Because Dermott is injured.
Close thread.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Leafs PR puts out the word that Marincin was amazing and everyone buys in. The media is well aware their futures and incomes are tied to the Leafs. So they are not gonna sing a different song sheet here. Guess what happens all of a sudden Babs stops giving decent answers to certain guys. and an outlet loses one of 2 seats in the press room. or they don't get the first and prime interview after the game. There are subtle penalties for not playing ball with Leafs. I only saw Saturday nights game so did not see him but clearly Babs wanted him to make it. I will reserve judgment til I see it for myself in season.
I'm guessing the media missed your notes above when it comes to Spezza eh?

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I think Babcock likes him because he is quite positionally sound and has some size to his game.
His decision making with the puck is atrocious though.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm guessing the media missed your notes above when it comes to Spezza eh?
Yeah Babs is a complete dick. Talked to Rino last night at game and everyone was very disappointed in the decision. But Babs will be Babs and nothing anyone can do about it if he wins. If he loses though watch out lots of people ready to take him down.

Reactions: dsred

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Yeah Babs is a complete dick. Talked to Rino last night at game and everyone was very disappointed in the decision. But Babs will be Babs and nothing anyone can do about it if he wins. If he loses though watch out lots of people ready to take him down.
But shouldnt the media have completely ignored this in fear of their jobs? Seems odd that you would believe that they would be so fearful on one subject yet totally go to town on him on this one?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
But shouldnt the media have completely ignored this in fear of their jobs? Seems odd that you would believe that they would be so fearful on one subject yet totally go to town on him on this one?
It is different when everyone thinks it was the wrong decision. To me I don't give a rats *ss what other people think. But when you work for and totally rely on the Leafs for your meal ticket most people will town the company line. But I have a big bias here.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
It is different when everyone thinks it was the wrong decision. To me I don't give a rats *ss what other people think. But when you work for and totally rely on the Leafs for your meal ticket most people will town the company line. But I have a big bias here.
Or maybe they just don't think Marincin is as bad as you do?
Pretty sure most would agree that the media in Toronto fails miserably if their job is to 'toe the company line'.

Im not sure everyone agrees on Spezza either. I thought we were opposed to the whole Muskoka entitlement issue?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Why is Marincin in our top 6 ? A) he is being framed for trade. B) Dermott is injured. C) When you pay 4 players $40M this what you get at number 6 . D) Marincin is paying Babcock for ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->