Marincin/Holl update

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
I know one will sit when TD returns but thoughts on their play of late and who'll stay afloat when it happens?
Holl has especially looked good at times I'd say. But Marincin hasn't been too shabby.

Guess Holl starts but probably see a rotation with MM

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Holl has been above average in his role. He should stick for the time being.

Marincin has been better than his past years. Notably his body language seems much better, and just the way he carries himself on the ice. I think he’s finally believing he belongs in the league.

That said, unfortunately, Holl has outplayed him and he will get the first shot.

edit: I’m not sure on waivers and if we can still carry 7D when both Hyman/Dermott return. If not, that should make the decision very interesting.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
When they cut to 21, Holl should be in over Marincin. Evens up the left and right shot D. He moves the puck better. I think he's passable in his position until the deadline. Or until Sandin and Liljegren comes in during the playoffs.

Reactions: Hustlr

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised to see Holl play more often than Marincin. He's already averaging more games this season, and more ice time in those games. He's also a RHD, and counts for a little less against the cap.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Holl played more mins than Marincin against the bruins also he is a right hand shot. My guess is that once Dermott is back gravel goes back down, Marincin goes to the pressbox (he is the extra skater)

I think the interesting part would be when both Hyman and Dermott (and JT) are back and we are running a 21 man roster

my guess is that Marincin is the extra guy they keep

one of Shore, Timashov, Spezza is going down. Given the way Timashov has played thus far it will be hard to send him down.

*** not mentioning petan because he is likely going to be traded anyway

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dermott is a lefty and he's played with Holl on the Marlies who's also a natural righty and is playing very well right now

I'd go with Holl quite comfortably at this point

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Holl is great one shift, then bad the next...I can never get a handle of what he will being.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Holl is great one shift, then bad the next...I can never get a handle of what he will being.

I see something similar with Marincin, as it seems like he follows every good play with a bad one. He will make a great play knocking the puck away at the blueline but then fail a simple clear. I guess that's what makes these guys third paring 7-d types.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The last thing I want to see out there is Marincin stuck out with the Matthews or Tavares line and another bottom pairing defenseman with him. With no calming defensive presence out there, Marincin usually gets exploited for a turnover, get cycled which results in a goal or a penalty.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
holl has been pretty good. i think holl would fit in nicely with a dermott because of dermott's ability to skate the puck.

holl had some great defensive plays against boston.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

its better than marincin looking bad on every shift ... the guy is just goddamn horrible and this love affair babcock has with him must stop !
hes not even good enough to be a top 4 for the marlies !

i complained all goddamn preseason that gavel, schmaltz and harpur looked horrible but give them a shot. How can it be worse.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
I just want Marincin gone so Babs doesn't get the itch to put him out there in OT situations or last minutes of a playoff games etc. :facepalm:

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Holl has definitely picked up his game this season. It’s good to see and he IMO won the third pairing role. Last game vs the Bruins he had two or three plays that saved a string scoring chance. Playing with a player of Dermott’s calibre should only make his game stronger. Plus he is a RHD as many have already stated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad