WJC: Marincin hit on Zucker (UPD: Marincin suspended 4 games; Hrasko 3 games)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it does bother me that "SOME" of the Canadian posters on here are the ones saying "not a bad hit" or " this is hockey" because it was a hit on a US kid. If this same hit happened to Schenn or Couturier I cant imagine the level of outrage that would happen from those same posters.

Those of you who think this hit is fine and it belongs should simply be ashamed of yourself and go slither back into the hole you trolled out from.

This was a cheap shot pure and simple, and could have real implications to not only Team USA, but to also Zucker's career. I hope the kid is alright, as he shouldnt get knocked out of the tournament because of garbage like this.

I dont care where a player is from, a cheap shot is a cheap shot. I love the game to be as rough and tough as the next person, but some of you on here simply embarass yourselves with putting nationalism garbage over commonsense and fair play. Doesnt matter where Zucker is from, it was a cheap shot. And those Canadian posters must really be scared of this US team if you really need to see some of our top players injured by cheap shots.....damn shame

it is a great tournament and I hope every kid from every nation comes out of this thing healthy and unhurt; especially by cheap shot play.

Last edited:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Marincin with 3 games. That seems about right.

tsnjamesduthie

Two Slovaks also suspended for hits in US game: Martin Marincin: three games, Peter Hrasko: two additional games. 2 minutes ago via web

Dogbert*

ofcourse it was clean....

Kassian is Canadian.

It would've been clean if Kassian was Swedish or Russian or Czech too. That's because it was a CLEAN HIT.

As for Marincin's? I have no idea, since I haven't seen it yet.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Is it 2 or 3 in total for Hraško?

IIHF.com says:
Slovakia’s Peter Hrasko was assessed a further two-game suspension (two games in total) by the IIHF for his hit to the head and neck area on American forward Jerry D’Amigo.

which doesn´t seem to make much sense- a further to game suspension and then it says 2 games in total?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hummm... Marincin's tourney is over, which is good.

I don't exactly understand why Hrasko got another game.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Suprised Kassian got 2, so Marincin getting 4 is alright. Hrasko deserved 2 or less... wasn't much of a hit at all and D'Amigo played afterward.

For the record, I've said Marincin's hit was cheap - but never understood the crazy outrage. Meh. I think nationalism is creeping in (i.e if the hit was against a non-USA player would some fans be as outraged?)

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Suprised Kassian got 2, so Marincin getting 4 is alright. Hrasko deserved 2 or less... wasn't much of a hit at all and D'Amigo played afterward.

For the record, I've said Marincin's hit was cheap - but never understood the crazy outrage. Meh. I think nationalism is creeping in (i.e if the hit was against a non-USA player would some fans be as outraged?)
Like the outrage when Jack Johnson whiffed with an elbow on Downie in Vancouver? A whiff that some still bring up on occasion.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison

I'd be outraged by that "hit" if my own son did it to his biggest rival.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Damn right nationalism is creeping in. If our guys are going to get hurt, I'd rather have them hurt playing teams that matter, especially if they are going to be cheap, cowardly acts.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Not gunna lie, I sorta like seeing that. Definitely deserves the suspension, but its the same thing I'd have done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->