Marian Hossa has played his last game

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Ummm the benefit was the 3 cups..... hossa got paid his money 3 years early. It’s really not that hard

i understand the idea of being annoyed by what were cap cirumventing deals, but you seem to have no idea what you're even arguing here

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Ummm the benefit was the 3 cups..... hossa got paid his money 3 years early. It’s really not that hard
Are you serious? The benefit for The Blackhawks of Hossa walking away was things that happened years earlier? Did you read what you wrote?

Hossa walking away in 2017 hurt the Blackhawks at the time and still does right now. What he did before that is not what we’re talking about. Like the rest of the tin foil hat crowd you wildly missed the mark here.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Yes? That’s not the question. You do see the problem with a team winning 3 cups with a 12 million dollar player making 5 million cap. Who has struggled with this condition only to have it become medically unsafe in the OFFSEASON when he wasn’t wearing equipment
And despite living in a world of 3 d printers and robot limbs we can’t somehow figure out within the next 3 years how to make equipment out of a material he isn’t allergic to

your argument implied that hossa wasn't trying hard enough to play, and now you're changing it and saying you're mad at the organization.

hossa could have done this 5 years ago and still gotten paid his full contract. the fact that he waited until now to say he can no longer play doesn't benefit him at all.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
i understand the idea of being annoyed by what were cap cirumventing deals, but you seem to have no idea what you're even arguing here

Because he could have retired then he wouldn’t have got paid. But the recapture didn’t allow it due to the penalties. So now he is injured.

No one is denying the skin condition exists. The problem is he has already decided that he cannot play. In that there is NO chance that he could find different equipment.

If he really had any intention of playing or honouring his contract. Wouldn’t they be finding a material that works? Can he not wear any fabric at all???!

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Because he could have retired then he wouldn’t have got paid. But the recapture didn’t allow it due to the penalties. So now he is injured.

No one is denying the skin condition exists. The problem is he has already decided that he cannot play. In that there is NO chance that he could find different equipment.

If he really had any intention of playing or honouring his contract. Wouldn’t they be finding a material that works? Can he not wear any fabric at all???!
Lmao did you even read the article dude?

:help::huh:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Are you serious? The benefit for The Blackhawks of Hossa walking away was things that happened years earlier? Did you read what you wrote?

Hossa walking away in 2017 hurt the Blackhawks at the time and still does right now. What he did before that is not what we’re talking about. Like the rest of the tin foil hat crowd you wildly missed the mark here.

Ummmmm yes?
You do not what back loaded deals are? He got paid 8 million a year and the hawks got a free 3 mill in cap hit. He got paid his 8 mill a year and got to walk away when his contract was down to 1.

He can’t retire so LTIR. It’s not hard

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013

lol, you make no sense whatsoever. if all he cared about was the 7.9 milllion, he would have just retired instead of going through all this. you think he's going to fake all this so he can make 1 million a year for 4 years?

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Did you read the article? Hossa didn’t say it was the equipment exactly and they tried different equipment. It’s the reaction his skin has to having anything being held tight against it. If you can figure out how to have equipment not be tight and stay in place, I am all ears.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Ummmmm yes?
You do not what back loaded deals are? He got paid 8 million a year and the hawks got a free 3 mill in cap hit. He got paid his 8 mill a year and got to walk away when his contract was down to 1.

He can’t retire so LTIR. It’s not hard
Okay but what benefit did he give the Blackhawks when he walked away in 2017? How was him not playing in 2018 and the Blackhawks having to give up assets to trade his contract better than him playing at a 5.2 cap hit coming off a 26 goal season?

THATS the argument you interjected yourself in for god knows what reason.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The bitterness of this site is downright pathetic. The dude had to end his NHL career because of a freak medical condition, but people in here just want to get their tinfoil hats out and *****. This is just ****ing pathetic.

I hope Hossa is able to come back and play again someday, but that doesn't sound too likely, so I'll at least hope that his medical condition clears up. The people complaining about "CAP CIRCUMVENTION!!" really need to look in the mirror and reevaluate their thoughts.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Did you read the article? Hossa didn’t say it was the equipment exactly and they tried different equipment. It’s the reaction his skin has to having anything being held tight against it. If you can figure out how to have equipment not be tight and stay in place, I am all ears.

To be fair. I read the last one where it said it as most likely dermatitis due to chemicals on the fabric. The new one is pay wall.

That being said there could be potential ways around it. I mean Elon musk built an underground sub to try to rescue the soccer team ina cave in less than 24 hrs. They still have 3 years to figure it out. He went on LTIR in the summer right after the playoffs. The fact that they have already decided it is impossible. And they came to that decision exactly when his salary dropped. I mean come on

Very robidas island.

Reactions: Pens x

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
And the NHL approved every contract.

Claiming this is cheating is like claiming having sex with another woman is cheating even when your wife was there watching and cheering you on.
The Blackhawks had to submit Hossa's contract to the League for validation knowing that it was a lie.
The League was complicit for believing that the Blackhawks were being truthful. The League wasn't cheering on the husband while he had sex, they were at home believing that he was working late like he said.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Okay but what benefit did he give the Blackhawks when he walked away in 2017? How was him not playing in 2018 and the Blackhawks having to give up assets to trade his contract better than him playing at a 5.2 cap hit coming off a 26 goal season?

THATS the argument you interjected yourself in for god knows what reason.

Because that was always the original deal????

That’s like the bill coming after the meal and saying “well what benefit do I get for giving you money right now”. Well none.... but the steak 20’minutes ago was probably worth it

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
lol, you make no sense whatsoever. if all he cared about was the 7.9 milllion, he would have just retired instead of going through all this. you think he's going to fake all this so he can make 1 million a year for 4 years?

If he retires now. The black hawks get recapture penalties.

Edit: at the time. Now it’s arizona

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016

Eczema is no joke. It is torture for those who have it- including me. Any heat/sweat, or even clothing can aggravate it and there is no cure. Only temporary solutions.
Anyone who says Hossa is lying didn't know Hossa the hockey player or the person. I find it quite amusing this is even a conspiracy floating around. What a joke.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Anyone actually dought they still paid him his money under the table?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This is what Arizona gets when you trade for an over the hill star. Couldn’t even stay healthy enough to play one game for them...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Eczema is no joke. It is torture for those who have it- including me. Any heat/sweat, or even clothing can aggravate it and there is no cure. Only temporary solutions.
Anyone who says Hossa is lying didn't know Hossa the hockey player or the person. I find it quite amusing this is even a conspiracy floating around. What a joke.

Again we live in a world of rockets and talking cars. I think this isn’t beyond human potential to try to crack the equipment code sometime I. The next 3 years.....

Do you believe all of them? Zetterberg has already pulled the shoot.

Do you really expect praise and Keith and everyone who has a back diving deal to play out their contracts? Because everyone called this on day 1

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Again we live in a world of rockets and talking cars. I think this isn’t beyond human potential to try to crack the equipment code sometime I. The next 3 years.....

Do you believe all of them? Zetterberg has already pulled the shoot.

Do you really expect praise and Keith and everyone who has a back diving deal to play out their contracts? Because everyone called this on day 1
Well, I think originally people just assumed these players will retire early, the cap recapture rule was not there at the time. It was only inserted in retroactively after the Devils pushed it too far with Kovalchuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad