Marian Gaborik

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hopefully we could get a return similar to what Iginla & Jagr brought last year.

Interesting question- Suppose we are in the hunt for the last playoff spot and Gabby is on a streak. He would bring more because he was hot but moving him could derail the playoff express. (most likely both ways the in and a quick out). Would you move him?

If we could add a first and a solid prospect or two I'd do it. (Cue up Roadman's "You never met a trade..." :laugh:)

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Hopefully we could get a return similar to what Iginla & Jagr brought last year.

Interesting question- Suppose we are in the hunt for the last playoff spot and Gabby is on a streak. He would bring more because he was hot but moving him could derail the playoff express. (most likely both ways the in and a quick out). Would you move him?

If we could add a first and a solid prospect or two I'd do it. (Cue up Roadman's "You never met a trade..." :laugh:)

I would move him.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I would move him.

Personally, I'm not ready for that, yet. Gaborik still has the potential to add something nobody else in the lineup can - elite scoring. Certainly, he's not doing it now; but then, nobody on the roster ever has and he, at least, provides a track record of putting up goals. With one hot week, he can far exceed what anyone else has provided, offensively. Streaky scorer are streaky because they have periods when they don't score (startling insight, I know), so I think it's still too early to just right off 30-40 goals from Gabby.

On top of that, why talk of trade when he's at his lowest value? If he truly does not fit with the values the Jackets ar fostering, let him get himself going, a bit, then think of maximizing his trade value. With the way this team is structured, so little offensive firepower, it is easily conceivable for him to get flaming hot and the team still not be close to playoff contention. That might make him a very useful chip to a contending team at the trade deadline.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Don´t forget he is able to boost his goals totals during five games.
Still, he is one of two active members of 5 goals-in-a-game club, has a 4 goals game too and is 2nd behind Selanne in hat-tricks (active).
It might easy happen that he scores 25 goals in 20 games and then dissappear for the rest of a season or games. You get your 30+G player who is invisible in 3/4 of a season.

That´s Gabby. Considering he was the quickest player in the world and the 2nd greatest natural talent of slovak hockey behind Palffy - his career is huge dissapointment for me, personally.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Personally, I'm not ready for that, yet. Gaborik still has the potential to add something nobody else in the lineup can - elite scoring. Certainly, he's not doing it now; but then, nobody on the roster ever has and he, at least, provides a track record of putting up goals. With one hot week, he can far exceed what anyone else has provided, offensively. Streaky scorer are streaky because they have periods when they don't score (startling insight, I know), so I think it's still too early to just right off 30-40 goals from Gabby.

On top of that, why talk of trade when he's at his lowest value? If he truly does not fit with the values the Jackets ar fostering, let him get himself going, a bit, then think of maximizing his trade value. With the way this team is structured, so little offensive firepower, it is easily conceivable for him to get flaming hot and the team still not be close to playoff contention. That might make him a very useful chip to a contending team at the trade deadline.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 56s
NEWS: #CBJ RW Marian Gaborik will miss 3-4 weeks with a lower body injury, according to head coach Todd Richards

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just to clarify= I didn't pose the question of a trade now-it was at the deadline while he was on a streak and the Jackets were just on the fringe. Trading him now would be a bad idea and because of cap issues probably couldn't happen now anyway.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

In this scenario, I wouldn't make a trade. I mean, playoffs.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
In this scenario, I wouldn't make a trade. I mean, playoffs.

I think it would also depend on games in hand, how many teams are in the hunt(how many teams do the Blue Jackets need to pass to be in spot), etc. Don't want to make a mistake like the Panthers as well. Lots of interest in Bouwmeester at the deadline but they kept him for their playoff hunt and missed out. I think they ended up trading his rights for a garbage draft pick.

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007
As injuries have deprived him of a big part of his skill set, Marian Gaborik is going to have to fundamentally change his game in order to continue to be effective.

What's made Ryan Johansen's transition so impressive is that he added an entire facet to his game, and now the offense has come back around. Marian Hossa was a similar type of player; he was drafted as a pure offensive threat who shied away from anything resembling physical contact, whether with the boards or another player. What's made the falloff with someone like Dany Heatley so obvious is that he either can not or will not change his game.

Time will tell on Gaborik. The question is who wants to be left holding the bag if it doesn't work out.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
been skating on his own in the Ice Haus for last couple weeks...sounds to me like he'll be back about xmas full speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad