Marek Svatos vs Marcel Goc

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by sharkyz15, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. sharkyz15

sharkyz15 Registered User

Home Page:
    Who would you rather have on your team

Here are some arguments for both

Goc: Very skilled center with great vision. In his short NHL career he has won over 60% of his draws, he is very reliable and is a posible Selke candidate in the future. He has very god but not blazing spped and can play on any line and still be effective

Svatos: He posses every skill that goes with the word SNIPER. Speed, hands, shot, plus good passing skills. He is not very big but it does not seem to hold him back at all. He is still far behind Goc when it comes to defense but surpases him on offense.

Breakdown:
    Offense: Svatos has to have the edge, Goc is underated in that aspect and has potential to be a 20 goal scorer but Svatos has higher potential

Defense: Goc wins this fairly easy, he is as good defensivly as any prospect, not part of Svatos' game

Special Teams: Draw
    I guess this depends on who you want, both have great vision to set up players. Svatos will score more goals hers but Goc will set up great chances with his face-off skills.

Coachable: Draw
    Goc seems to be a coaches dream with everything he offers but Svatos offers game breaking potential that coaches love in close games, just ask the Stars. Plus he niether seem to have egos and eager to learn

NHL Ready:Draw
    Both are ready to contribute. Svatos lost playing time due to an injury and Goc was the odd man out on a deep Sharks team. Both proved in the playoffs they can play with the big boys and succeed.

Winner: Really tough choice b/c I love both prospects but I will give the edge to Svatos because what he offers is a little more rare then what Goc can offer. Quite a few players can play solid 2 way games although maybe not to Goc's level but teams can still aquire 2 way forwards without breaking the bank.

2. Enoch

Enoch This is my boomstick

I would take Svatos, but I would say he has the higher risk factor due to his shoulder injury history. Simply put, the kid amazes me with his talent. He is quick, superb shot placement, wonderful stickhandler.....He undressed Dallas's defense in the playoffs.....and with linemates like Sakic, Tanguay, Hejduk, and possibly Forsberg.....he is going to learn how to get even better.

3. goalienut

goalienut Registered User

Home Page:
    Svatos. Way more offensive skill and speed.

4. dumpnchase

dumpnchase Registered User

Goc :lol:

Having seen Goc more than Svatos I would pick Goc. But can I take both?

Marek Goc or Marcel Svatos :joker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.