Marek Shwartz

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Mathletic, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathletic

Mathletic Registered User

if his name comes out in the top 10 of this year's draft, there is a major problem somewhere

2. cdnhky1

cdnhky1 Registered User

Home Page:
    If this guy goes anywhere near the first round of the draft somebody is going to regret it big time. He's your typical Czech goalie, athletic, but horrible technically and his angle/positional game is atrocious. Like most Czech goalies, this guy thinks he can play 2-3 feet beyond the top of his crease in every situation. Of course he's nowhere to be found on any lateral pass because he can't get over in time because of his depth selection. Getzlaf should have had 3 goals in the first half of the game if he could have hit the net. This guy doesn't begin to compare to goalies like Dubnyk, Montoya, Shantz, Peters and others.

3. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    I hope your all joking, If your judging by todays game vs Canada, it wasnt just him. Where was Olesz all game? huh. I've seen Schwarz twice before this and trust me, he's a very good one. But this does hurt his stock thats for sure.

4. Kev88

Kev88 Registered User

Home Page:
    Listen... Schwarz's only 17 years old, and 1st: he played against team Canada with players who where at their best. 2nd: don't tell me Schwarz add the help of his team! The Czechs where only there in the last minutes of the game. And the defensemen have let Crosby do what he wanted! :mad:

So wait next year or the year after if he has a team in front of him.

5. tomerez

tomerez Registered User

Home Page:
    Olesz did show flashes of brilliance but the Canadians were too strong and powerful for the Czechs. They were simply being manhandled

Blaming Shwarz is not the right thing, he did let in a couple soft ones but he also made a couple great saves. You can't judge a guy on one game, especially not in a game where his team was dominated for the most part.

6. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    Scwarz stood on his head for some of the saves vs Finland as well folks, one bad game shouldnt decrease Schwarz stock. I still think he's the best 2004 elgible goalie, even over Dubynk.

7. Epsilon

Epsilon #basta

You get used to it, some people have as a standard for judging prospects "how did that guy do in one televised game vs. Canada at the WJCs?". BTW for anyone who forgot, Schwarz completely shut teams down at the U18 world championships over the summer, playing against players the same age as him. I'm not going to go out on a limb with this one, but he must be one of the youngest guys at the tournament?

8. MaV

MaV Registered User

Spin doctor
    So far Team Canada has really made everyone else in the tournament look like beginners. You can't count too much on this game.

9. ZombieMatt

ZombieMatt Registered User

Its completely true...you can't completley judge by one game, especially a game where the team in front of him decided to not really show up.

HOWEVER, it did seem sort of odd to me that he was a good three feet out of position for some goals (especially the cross ice passes). He seemed to be really over playing the man with the puck. That said, he D was so brutal at times today that even in perfect position those pucks were hitting the back of the net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.