Waived: Marek Hrivik

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Puempel or Staal coming off IR?

I think Hrivik proved he could play at the NHL level, just not well enough to keep him over some others this time around

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Pumpel, Pirri, Oscar, and Hrvik were kind of in the same boat.

Whichever one plays better in a short time is the one AV will lean towards.

Pirri's goal last night might have saved his spot.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Having good shot attempt metrics is one thing, but you need to be able to bring offense, and Hrivik just hasn't shown that he can do that. And that shouldn't really be a surprise. He hasn't really dominated offensively at any level, ever. It's that reason why I believe he'll go unclaimed.

For his sake, I hope he is claimed, because he's probably the 15th or 16th forward on the depth-chart here now.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I'm not saying we're claiming him.

But, we're claiming him.

200.gif

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
This was expected, i hope he sneaks through, Hartford could really use him.
He's probably good enough to play regularly on about 20 NHL teams, doesn't mean he'll get claimed tho.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought he played fairly well in his role so I hope we can keep him. He is thought of a possession guy with us but he actually has some decent hands. He just does not seem to find space to show them off at the NHL level.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Having good shot attempt metrics is one thing, but you need to be able to bring offense, and Hrivik just hasn't shown that he can do that. And that shouldn't really be a surprise. He hasn't really dominated offensively at any level, ever. It's that reason why I believe he'll go unclaimed.

For his sake, I hope he is claimed, because he's probably the 15th or 16th forward on the depth-chart here now.

It would be good for him if he gets claimed but I'd prefer he didn't. Never know when the injury bug may strike again and I thought he did fine in the 4th line role.

I'd be shocked if he got claimed. I just don't see someone bothering on someone who brings little to no offense at this level and is in all likelihood at best a 4th liner. Not to mention he's 25 so it's not like he's a young kid either.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I thought he played fairly well in his role so I hope we can keep him. He is thought of a possession guy with us but he actually has some decent hands. He just does not seem to find space to show them off at the NHL level.

Maybe you saw those hands watching the pack but I saw little indication of that while he was here, plus I don't think he has the greatest offensive IQ to use them if he did. Imo he's a decent 4th liner and nothing more, most teams can do better; doubt he gets claimed.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Maybe you saw those hands watching the pack but I saw little indication of that while he was here, plus I don't think he has the greatest offensive IQ to use them if he did. Imo he's a decent 4th liner and nothing more, most teams can do better; doubt he gets claimed.

He has not been able to create enough space for himself to show off his hands at the NHL level. I did see his hands and some creativity at the AHL level because he has a bit more room to play. I would not expect him to put up a lot of NHL goals.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Oh well. Nobody is going to claim him anyway.

Good to be getting some depth back and players who can do something offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->