Marcus Vela (190th) & Jake Kupsky (193rd)

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
27x1409.jpg

An offensively gifted power center that takes the game as it comes to him. Good hockey sense and possesses the positive character traits that indicate versatility in a lineup; scouts look for these intangibles in players. Decent skating ability, but knows what he can and can't do. Knows how to direct plays and realizes when and how he can step in to make a difference - whether it be through a little bit of rough stuff or with a clutch goal. All-in-all, the type of well-rounded player that can compliment his linemates well, and knows how to make an impact in a game.
- http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199950

Big centre with offensive instincts, strong feet, a large bit of edge, and a well-rounded power game. Never give sup on plays, and wins wall battles shift after shift. Has nice understanding of play and good vision. May project to a pro winger. Committed to the University of New Hampshire.
- Bill Placzek

xgiiqb.jpg

Lone Star Brahmas’ rookie goalie Jake Kupsky has stormed into the NAHL with much the same success as the franchise’s last big netminder, Ben Bishop. The Waukeshaw, WI native at 6’ 5†is one inch shorter than Bishop was during his time with the Texas Tornado, both tipped the scales at 210 pounds. Their physical size is not where the comparison ends though as their on ice performances stack up closely as well. Bishop was 9 – 1 – 0 through 10 games in 2004 and finished with a 1.93 GAA and a .920 SV% while Kupsky’s current record stands at 8 – 1 – 1 with a 1.92 GAA and a .919 SV%. The biggest difference between Bishop and Kupsky is that Jake shares net minding duties with another very talented goalie in TJ Black where Bishop handled the majority of the load himself.

Jake is convinced that his physical size is an asset when he is between the pipes. “I feel like that helps me because I am athletic enough to move well and get out of the paint when I need to, but at the same time big enough to sit back, be patient and let the play come to me,†he said. One of the things that drew Kupsky to the goalie position was the fact that it was the only position that allowed him to be on the ice all the time. “Naturally, I always wanted to be out there.†He jokingly added, “plus as the gear evolved to what it is now, goalies have the coolest gear to wear so that really drew me to it also.â€

“I like to be patience and let the play come to me but I also like to get out of my paint and be aggressive,†Kupsky said in describing his style of play. “I’ve always played that way because of my size. I really try to tyle my game after Carey Price.â€

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I really like the Vela pick. Like taking a G at the end as well.

This may not be the place to post it but there are a few guys that passed through the draft that I'd like to see invited to camp like Noel, Salituro, and Soy

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007

This may not be the place to post it but there are a few guys that passed through the draft that I'd like to see invited to camp like Noel, Salituro, and Soy

Agree on Salituro.

Would add Appleby too. Really would love to know the story on why this kid gets absolutely no respect!

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004

Not everyone can become a Pekka Rinne you know :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad