Marcus Kruger

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He's been fine. A lot of posters on here are tired of him as he doesn't offer much offensively, but he's a good 4th line center. He's overpaid, but if he came back for 1-1.5 I'd be fine with it.
But why?

I'd rather just have Luke Johnson or basically any other scrub.

Reactions: BrianE

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
But why?

I'd rather just have Luke Johnson or basically any other scrub.

He's a forward who knows what he's doing and where to go defensively on a team that is woefully short of them. In a perfect world you can find a 4C who can be as responsible as Kruger is defensively and bring a bit more to the table offensively. But if he came back for 1-1.5 I'd be fine with it.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
He's a forward who knows what he's doing and where to go defensively on a team that is woefully short of them. In a perfect world you can find a 4C who can be as responsible as Kruger is defensively and bring a bit more to the table offensively. But if he came back for 1-1.5 I'd be fine with it.
No thanks. If we resigned Kruger he would just end up blocking one of our upcoming kids.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
I'm not advocating bringing him back, just that I'd be fine with it.

I don't mind having a vet who knows what he's doing on the 4th line.
I'm sure Kruger would remain a serviceable player, but I would mind bringing him back because I think he would take up developmental minutes from a young forward when we need those guys to get NHL time for when we become a contender again.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol if you don’t think he’s coming back you are kidding yourself, Stan is gonna sign him for under a mill and his boy JC will play him...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm sure Kruger would remain a serviceable player, but I would mind bringing him back because I think he would take up developmental minutes from a young forward when we need those guys to get NHL time for when we become a contender again.

That's completely fair. Though, Kunitz will be gone and if were up to be Hayden would be gone as well, so there are already some spots open. Hawks are going to be hopefully competing for a playoff spot next year, so I'd like to see some defensively responsible forwards on the team, weather that's Kruger or someone else.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anything under a million is can be sent to Rockford. I am not an advocate for bringing him back because I don't think his body has anything left to give.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I don't see Kruger deserving more then 1M.. I mean this guy was placed on waivers not too long ago, and he didn't want to waive his NTC so he clearly wants to stay.

As for the Kruger/Kampf thing, Kruger does not block Kampfs role or development. I think Kampf has solidified himself as one of the regular four Cs on the team.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Never was a Kruger fan, but I'm actually surprised he didn't wait. I'm almost positive he would've gotten an NHL job somewhere. Maybe he wanted this or maybe his agent was telling him he was only getting AHL gigs at this time. Whatever the case, I wish him the best.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Always had a soft spot for Krugs. Guy would get laid out at least once a night and never miss a shift. He was key in that 2015 cup run.

On another note...looking at that projected lineup by OP made me vomit a little. Amazing the work Bowman has done to overturn roster in under a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad