Marcus Krüger - NHL ready??

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Bubba88, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Bubba88

Bubba88 Toews = Savior

Do you think he could play in the NHL next season? Hope some Swedes can tell me what they think ;)

2. Kenneth Kennholt

Kenneth Kennholt Registered User

Without no doubt what so ever.

3. HockeySensible

HockeySensible Smug Teuvo

Bowman thought he was NHL ready this season.

He's good to go.

Calder?

4. EmeticDonut

EmeticDonut Registered User

[email protected]

People need to settle down, I really doubt Krüger will waltz into the league, secure a #2 spot and score 50+ points as a rookie.

5. Uh, which bowman?

6. massivegoonery

massivegoonery Registered User

Drayson, I think.

7. AmericanDream

AmericanDream Adopted Canadian

hahaha, good one goon......:laugh:

8. HockeySensible

People? It's only me that said that.. I believe.

If Kruger comes in, like he should be able to, and plays with Hoss/Sharp or Hoss/Frolik or Hoss/Brouw then I believe he could challenge for the Calder.

Not making an guarentees, or saying he will without a doubt, but Bolland is going to be our 3rd.. assuming he's not traded, and Kruger will be our 2nd.

A guy like Kruger, who's basically a pure passer, should be able to rack up assists with Hossa on his line, and if he gets PP time then that would only help.

9. EmeticDonut

EmeticDonut Registered User

I think that people here are too eager to pencil him as a #2 without him ever playing in NA. What makes him such a sure bet? The Hawks are going to rely on rookies too much after all these rich contracts have been dished out and the reality is that not all if any will pan out.

10. joe89

joe89 #5

Should be good for a 3rd center role to begin with.

11. HockeySensible

I'm "penciling" him in because Bolland has shown time, and time again that he's more comfortable as a #3, Kruger comes in a plays with Hossa on his RW. Stan Bowman has already said he expects Kruger to make the team next season and that he thought Kruger could have made the team this season.

The rookie agrument is over used. They'll always be rookies untill they play. It's not about him being a rookie, it's about how good he is.

Leading scorer on his SEL team, assistant captain at 21, great vision and hockey sense, good passer, solid defensively.

12. hawksfan50

hawksfan50 Registered User

YEt--did he add any bulk over last year? I saw him in November 2009 against Carleton University and he just got pushed around and infact was one of the worst Jr. players for the touring Swedish team playing exhibtions vs. Cdn. universities prior tothe World Jr. Hockey Championshis that year....my pint is that UNLESS he;s bulked up since,I cannot believe he can survive without getting pushed around in the smaller rinks over here especially against evem bigger faster NHL'ers than he faced vs. Carleton U. --so yes he plays against men pros in Sweden's top league--BUT the rinks are larger --in smaler quarters with less space 'small" centres can get pushed around unless they are strong enough..so DID he bulk up or not in the past year and a few months? IF not-then he has a tough summer ahead in the weight room and downing booster shakes.
    ALSO--i see from the stats he is only 45% in the face-off circle for Djurgardens...How worse willit be vs. better NHl face-off guys..

IN SHORT--I am very skeptical he just waltzes into the nHL with CHI and immeiatly is penciled in as the 2nd line centre...IF he cannot do that job from the getgo ,then he is not going to replace Bolland in that role now or even Ryan Johnson (I expect they want to re-sign him) on the third line centre spot...I dubt they wiuld use himas 4th line centre with limited minutes..So that probably means AHL "development".

NOW IF he was good aface-offs MAYBE his chances would be better to take a spot...but alas... SO UNLESS he has bulked up 20 pounds in the past year and a bit ,or unless he suddenly learns face-off exceptional acumen
    the odds are long for him tograb a spot.

#66 Registered User

Home Page:
    What kid of a player do you guys think he'll be? He reminds me a little of Frans Nielsen.

14. newmanager

newmanager Registered User

Krüger is an exceptionally skilled playmaker with elite hockey sense. He likes to set up plays and find his teammates with tape-to-tape passes. Has become much stronger which has improved his game, although he still could use additional strength and muscles. Works well in all three zones and has leadership qualities.

(from Elite Hockey Prospects)

15. HockeySensible

When Kruger was drafted he was listed at 5'11" 172Lbs, he's now 6'0" about 180-185. He needs to add a little more to his frame, but he's about as big as Bolland. The NHL isn't all about size anymore anyways.

People don't seem to understand. As far as right now, he's on the team next season. Read the article by Tim Sassone, StanBo already said he fully expects him to be on the team next season and thought he could have made the team this season.

16. Teemu

Teemu Trick question?

Probably the closest player to what I see Kruger becoming is an Alexander Steen with better playmaking skills.