Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Very pleasantly surprised by how well he played in his first game back. He's very good at zone entries, much like Krejci.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
he sees things on the ice most don`t and creates but my biggest concern with him, especially with some concussion issues is far too often he reaches for the puck completely opening himself up to a big hit
Not seeing what others are seeing here from this player yet. 2nd line? No. He’s looking down and reaching much too often and plays very light in his skates. Very lithe. Not generally built for Bruins playoff hockey. Hope he does well but the top 2 lines should be
63-37-43
88-46-74

Unless some one of them gets injured or things completely melt down.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
MOJO needs to be a lot more aggressive on the puck. He is an easy push off the puck for opponents.

I understand this has never been part of his game but as the speed and skill leaves his game from age and possible concussions he’s going to become more and more ineffective.

Haven’t been impressed by his game outside of maybe 2 or 3 games since he’s put on the sweater,

Reactions: Fenian24

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
He is the reason the PP woke up yesterday, playing low passer because the Leafs have taken away the bumper. He's also in the correct spot in front of the net, Millbury is a moron.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Sorry we neeed a big time RW and ended up with him. Wow not a great upgrade. Guy looks brutal.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
MOJO needs to be a lot more aggressive on the puck. He is an easy push off the puck for opponents.

I understand this has never been part of his game but as the speed and skill leaves his game from age and possible concussions he’s going to become more and more ineffective.

Haven’t been impressed by his game outside of maybe 2 or 3 games since he’s put on the sweater,

I thought he was great in every game before injury. Since he got hurt, he completely changed though I think he is slowly improving out there.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's just not very good, it is what it is. Given that we seemed to be in the market for a big name in his spot, disappointment is understandable. Don't think he's been awful but he's a complete non-factor.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
His zone entries have directly led to 2 goals this series and he carried the PP yesterday

Keep the hot takes coming because you don't like him and want to cuddle up with Millbury in YEAH HIT EM RAAAAAH land

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Not sure about the net thing,you are supposed to set up a screen.
They are intentionally having him play off the shot for a tip or quick pass, sort of the opposite of how they were using Jake on PP1. He's playing the low bumper, look how much he held the puck low yesterday. This is a much better PP when they are insisting on taking away Bergeron.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They are intentionally having him play off the shot for a tip or quick pass, sort of the opposite of how they were using Jake on PP1. He's playing the low bumper, look how much he held the puck low yesterday. This is a much better PP when they are insisting on taking away Bergeron.
He held it low there because the Leafs backed waaaaay off of him and he didn’t do a whole lot with all that space. Seems like a good guy with a good skill set but real passive as a player.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
He held it low there because the Leafs backed waaaaay off of him and he didn’t do a whole lot with all that space. Seems like a good guy with a good skill set but real passive as a player.
They are double teaming Bergeron in the middle of the ice, why is this complicated? He's an elite PP player, he spent half a decade in front of the net on Washington's all-time PP.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They are double teaming Bergeron in the middle of the ice, why is this complicated? He's an elite PP player, he spent half a decade in front of the net on Washington's all-time PP.
Yeah - that’s what the Leafs are doing- not complicated. They left him alone with the puck and he didn’t do anything with all the time and space they gave him. Not sure what you’re taking on issue with...

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

yup. jojo needs to take it to the net and create rebounds if he has all that space and no other prime options.
i like JD there better - he's aggressive and dangerous in tight.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Think he’s a good player who has had rough luck since coming over. A goal tomorrow will go a long way.

There’s a decent long term deal waiting for him in free agency I’m not sure I give out but maybe he takes a 1 year deal to have a monster season and raise his value so he cashes in summer 2020.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
We should absolutely try to give him a one year deal because none of our young left shot guys have shown a thing

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
JFK is a right shot. On a one year deal, I'd be open to Johansson returning. Not sure he goes for that though. He'll probably want some security with the recent injury issues. That'd be my biggest reason for not signing him to anything though.
I know you thought I was going to say Heinen. Heinen is excellent. Johansson I would even consider two years to, he is only 28.

We need to fill the 3rd line LW until Bjork shows something, Lauko ever plays in Providence or we trade for someone. But anyone we trade for would just be Johansson level anyway.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Honestly, I haven't been impressed that much with Johansson's overall game, despite short stint so far with the bruins. However, he has looked good with Coyle & Kuhlman - they got that cycle game going in game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad