Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

Marcus Johansson at eliteprospects.com

getty_marcusjohanssonx_2018-01-25.jpg

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Gotta say, logging on to see what went down at the deadline, this feels a little flat to me.

But I hope he succeeds here regardless. At the least even if we didn't get Krejci a stud winter, our third line was crap all year and now we can put Coyle and Johansson on it.

Reactions: Scruffy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is a good player.

Him and Coyle are legit NHLers and proven 40 point a year guys in their primes.

Neither are my cup of tea and dudes who I am hoping we resign for 4-5 mil per though. Our prospects suck none are ready to help I am fine with this. I'm not even sure a guy like Heinen deserves to play in the playoffs. I might be going Kuhlman and Stempniak for 2nd and 3rd line RWs.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I like the pickup and I think he makes us better but I do agree the price makes it seem like Sweeney said "oh shit, it's 2:59pm".

A little more than I would have wanted to give up but I think it's a pretty good deadline. We're a lot deeper. I think the Marchand issue is over tomorrow.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like Johansson think Sweeney gave up a 4th round to much but I can live with it.

Johansson is a very good all around player, not overly physical, but a very good two-way player, more of a set up guy than a goal scorer, but the Bruins have a lot of depth with the acquisition of Coyle and Johansson, lets see where it go's from here.

Marchand Bergeron Johansson
Debrusk Krejci Pastrnak
Heinen Coyle Kuhlman
Kuraly acciari Wagner

I like the looks of this!

Last edited:

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Someone sell me on this guy.
His numbers are milk toast.
Low goals (3rd/4th liner numbers), single digit penalty minutes (soft), etc.
Why are we giving up a 2R and 4R and not letting the kids have a chance?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Someone sell me on this guy.
His numbers are milk toast.
Low goals (3rd/4th liner numbers), single digit penalty minutes (soft), etc.
Why are we giving up a 2R and 4R and not letting the kids have a chance?
Wait....so you actually looked at penalty minutes and came to the conclusion he is soft from that? :laugh: Would 20 tripping penalties suddenly make him tough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad