Dreger: Marcus Johansson scratched for precautionary reasons

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Johansson has missed 65 games the last two seasons and only played in 77 games. Dude is made of wet cardboard.

He's the only piece the Devils have worth trading this deadline. This is a very smart move.
Fair enough. I didn't realize he was injury prone. I just figured he was part of the same trend as Ottawa's free agents

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'd be worried about the concussions for sure but, right now he's healthy and playing pretty well. You only need him to stay healthy for 40-ish games right? Not a huge risk for an actual top 6 guy if you think you have a real cup shot.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
About MoJo:

"What is the demand like for Marcus Johansson? – David I.
It’s strong. Johansson sat out on Thursday for precautionary reasons. Was told that there’s a “very healthy amount” of teams inquiring about Johansson and that this is a deal that doesn’t necessarily have to wait until some of the big dominoes fall. The Devils would probably rather get this deal done sooner than later, and Johansson, now that he’s healthy, is starting to heat up. Great guy. Good player. Sneaky good addition for the right price."

Trade Deadline Mailbag: Projecting how many first-round... (paywall)

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
question or observation. The Sens on the main board are being ripped by some for doing this. Should the Devils and other teams be ripped as well?

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Calling it now, he’ll fetch a late first or a decent prospect (tolvanen/Niku)
He won't net a prospect like Tolvanen or Niku. Prospects of that caliber could potentially be moved for a Stone or Panarin. I'm guessing NJ gets a 2nd rounder for Johansson.

Reactions: FrankMTL

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Calling it now, he’ll fetch a late first or a decent prospect (tolvanen/Niku)

Those prospects won’t be dealt for anyone not named Stone, Duchene or Panarin.

And I think the only way Johansson gets a 1st is if it’s a conditional 2nd that turns into a 1st if the acquiring team reaches a certain playoff round or something.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
How about Shero makes a move with his old team?

Something around Pearson and maybe Simon with some picks here or there? Just trying to put the feelers out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad