Value of: Marcus Johansson Contract

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
44 points in 87 combined games the last 2 regular seasons with New Jersey and Boston, but he's been very noticeably good in the playoffs for the Bruins, even though his stats are a bit more modest (11 points in 21 games). Career high 24 goals and 58 points for Washington in 2016/17. Can play both wings and is an effective PP player as well. I believe he played some center in Washington as well.

He'll be turning 29 as the 2019/20 season starts. What's a reasonable estimate for his contract if/when he hits the open UFA market?

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
upload_2019-6-10_14-4-43.gif

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
If the Leafs somehow open cap space and sign Marner and either Gardiner or another defensemen, and still have cap space, Johansson would be my first target. He would probably get 5x5 on the open market which isn't bad.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Prior to his trade to Boston, he was looking like he'd need a short-term deal to salvage his value. With his playoff performance, he's likely in line for a pretty sizable 4 or 5 year deal on the open market. Going to guess a total value of around $25M.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If the Leafs somehow open cap space and sign Marner and either Gardiner or another defensemen, and still have cap space, Johansson would be my first target. He would probably get 5x5 on the open market which isn't bad.

I hope the GM operates like the fans. Jeeze, more forwards Toronto?

All 30 other teams will have the same strat: Play good D, attack the right side, win.

If Filppula is gone, I'd like to see him 3C on the Isles. 4 year contract would be a nice landing spot.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope the GM operates like the fans. Jeeze, more forwards Toronto?

All 30 other teams will have the same strat: Play good D, attack the right side, win.

If Filppula is gone, I'd like to see him 3C on the Isles. 4 year contract would be a nice landing spot.

Have you looked at their LW?

Johnsson RFA and could be packaged for D

Hyman is injured

Marleau wants out

Ennis is UFA

The LW is FUL of holes it's not unreasonable to want a winger in Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They probably can't sign him because they do have to sign Carlo and Mac, but if I'm Boston I try to keep Johansson because I don't think they would be in game 7 of the cup finals without him I think he's been fantastic

Reactions: Smitty426

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They probably can't sign him because they do have to sign Carlo and Mac, but if I'm Boston I try to keep Johansson because I don't think they would be in game 7 of the cup finals without him I think he's been fantastic
I think he's priced himself out of their range. Would be nice, but they have a couple young guys that can fill his role, or at least should be given a shot. McAvoy and Carlo are the definite focus of this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad