Prospect Info: Marcus Davidsson (2017, 37th) 2018-19 Vaxjo Lakers SHL

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I had a class during the game so didn't see it myself. Just saw that someone wrote he looked a little out of it/groggy skating back to the bench. He was fast to get up and followed the shift before he went to the bench though

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I had a class during the game so didn't see it myself. Just saw that someone wrote he looked a little out of it/groggy skating back to the bench. He was fast to get up and followed the shift before he went to the bench though

Yeah, I missed the game too due to lecture. :(

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Tried to follow both by having the game on half the screen and OneNote on the other side. Ended up not being able to follow the game very closely or get lots of notes :rolleyes:

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hey @Glory did you hear any follow-up on Davidsson? I see he wasn't in yesterday's 4-2 win over Olafsson's Frolunda squad, which was to be expected, but it would be nice to know if he's out long-term or not.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Haven't seen or heard anything, sorry. Latest info I got was just after the game he was injured when they said he definitely wasn't gonna participate in the game the day after. I'll come in with an update if I hear any news. @Chainshot

There is a game tomorrow so hopefully they let us know in the pre-game report in a couple of hours if it's day-to-day, week-to-week or longterm

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

I'd assume if these are matching deals, they're probably just for one year. The elder Davidsson presumably wants to leave his options open regarding coming to the NHL, and his draft rights expire in 2019. So it would make sense for him to not want to be locked into anything past that point.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
He is expected back to full training this week and will play on thursday if he's still free of symptoms. Sounds like a concussion

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Out of curiosity, say he wanted to play in NA next year (or any year his SHL contract is in effect) would the Sabres have to buyout his SHL contract or can he simply leave?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Out of curiosity, say he wanted to play in NA next year (or any year his SHL contract is in effect) would the Sabres have to buyout his SHL contract or can he simply leave?

If the Sabres wants him in the NHL the contract doesn't matter. With or without contract, they have to pay a certain fee that NHL and SHL together has come up with for development etc.

I don't know if this contract means he is eligible for AHL or not. If so, it's the same fee they have to pay.

But this contract mean Buffalo cannot sign him and then send him to another league or team. So if he won't play for Buffalo or possibly Rochester, he has to play for Djurgården.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Haha you just gave me the news. Currently travelling so missed there was a game. They're a huge surprise this season. We've been used to do as bad as Buffalo for the last 10 years or so. Might be your time soon :laugh:

TheWook

Nov 4, 2012
Rochester
Thanks. I was just looking over Buffalo's contract situation for the offseason, which prospects will be signed and who might not. It's going to be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->