Prospect Info: Marcus Davidsson (2017, 37th) 2018-19 Vaxjo Lakers SHL

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
It's not a one size fits all developmental model.
It still isn't really reassuring that a guy you took in the second round is taking a similar development path to 1) a goalie, 2) a guy who was such an unknown at draft time that his listed height was a few years out of date.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It still isn't really reassuring that a guy you took in the second round is taking a similar development path to 1) a goalie, 2) a guy who was such an unknown at draft time that his listed height was a few years out of date.

Not really much different than a player going all four years in the NCAA. I'm sure the Sabres had a hand in recommending he stays home and continues to develop.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not really much different than a player going all four years in the NCAA. I'm sure the Sabres had a hand in recommending he stays home and continues to develop.

He's still got the tools. I want to see him put together something in the mold of what Larsson or even Asplund have next year. New team, out from under the shadow of his brother, take the opportunity and run. I know this would've been comparable to Asplund last season or Larry's last SHL year, but some growth would be great.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Our early 2nds from 2016-2019 are the epitome of meh
Krueger considers players that develop in Europe as having a longer development arch than those that develop in NA. Not too worried about him at this point. Two years in Roch starting next season before we can start to consider him meh or not.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Krueger considers players that develop in Europe as having a longer development arch than those that develop in NA. Not too worried about him at this point. Two years in Roch starting next season before we can start to consider him meh or not.

No I’m pretty sure we can start calling him meh right now.

His numbers have not improved over the past 3 years in the league - they’ve actually regressed.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Detroit developed a reputation for slow cooking European wings.

Name/RD/Age NHL Debut
Zetterberg 7th age 21
Kronwall 1st age 22
Holmstrom 1oth age 23
Datsyuk 6th age 23
Franzen 3rd age 25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad