Prospect Info: Marcus Davidsson (2017, 37th) 2018-19 Vaxjo Lakers SHL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Getting a look in today and Farjestad is running Djurgarden out of the rink - 4-0 middle of the 2nd period. Didn't see the PPGA, so I don't know if Davidsson was involved but so far... no one is getting much done on his team.​

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Getting a look in today and Farjestad is running Djurgarden out of the rink - 4-0 middle of the 2nd period. Didn't see the PPGA, so I don't know if Davidsson was involved but so far... no one is getting much done on his team.​

Managed to turn it around and are now through to the final. Sadly Davidsson this season has been a shadow of his last season. Dude got talent but not talent enough to float around like say William Nylander which he kind of has this season. Avoiding contact, avoiding blocking shots, not moving his feet enough etc. But when he plays with intensity and tenacity he's legit. For Buffalo's sake I hope a change of scenery is what he needs otherwise he won't make the NHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Finals are underway -- Davidsson is playing against Frolunda. My rooting interest is oddly skewed by watching so much last season of both.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Fantastic assist. Besides his lack of compete level he tend to make rough plays like this too often.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
It's so night and day from last year.

It really is and it sucks. He's born and raised Djurgården fan, he's one of us. It's so weird beause last season everyone loved him and his line just because they worked so hard and played with such an intensity and speed, and often managed to get long shifts in the offensive zone wearing the opponents down. This year he has game by game turned into the Ristolainen or whoever gets the most crap on here on our boards.

But hopefully it's just one of those years when everything has gone wrong and gone from bad to worst. He can do much better than he has and hopefully a new environment can bring that out of him again, just wish it would have been in North America instead of a rival. Will be hard to cheer for him.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It really is and it sucks. He's born and raised Djurgården fan, he's one of us. It's so weird beause last season everyone loved him and his line just because they worked so hard and played with such an intensity and speed, and often managed to get long shifts in the offensive zone wearing the opponents down. This year he has game by game turned into the Ristolainen or whoever gets the most crap on here on our boards.

But hopefully it's just one of those years when everything has gone wrong and gone from bad to worst. He can do much better than he has and hopefully a new environment can bring that out of him again

I've wonder if he is a bit dinged. There are still shifts with his brother and the Flow where they look really good. But it's less consistent.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His move to Växjö is now official

Davidsson signar med Växjö Lakers

He struggled this year. This was supposed to be a breakout and it looked like he just didn't step into the opportunity. Seeing him getting less and less ice time as the finals went on was also disappointing -- not in the coaching, but in his response to how he played.

Thanks for the updates, I know you're a Djurgarden faithful fan Prntscrn. Appreciated your insights over the past few years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, this is not a great look for Davidsson. His season was not a step forward. We can hope the change to Vaxjo affords him new opportunities and at the same time that he himself grows his game. Of all of their prospects, I was most disappointed in how his season went and what I saw of him in the Frolunda series reinforced that. Hopefully he can take the adversity and bounce back. In the meantime... we wait.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Växjö has the best GM in the SHL imo. Frölunda/SAIK are the best when it comes to development. Kind of weird that he leaves Djurgården since he’s the prototypical järnkamin (iron stove but in english the poetical sense would probably be furnace, nickname for their club/style of play).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->