Prospect Info: Marcus Davidsson (2017, 37th) 2018-19 Vaxjo Lakers SHL

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Mittelstadt and Dahlin not on that list. Laughable.
He was asked about Dahlin and commented that the list doesn't include any 2018 draftees. I'm not sure why Mittelstadt isn't on there, he's played less NHL games than Dylan Strome has. Seems extremely silly to have Davidsson ranked above Mittelstadt.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He was asked about Dahlin and commented that the list doesn't include any 2018 draftees. I'm not sure why Mittelstadt isn't on there, he's played less NHL games than Dylan Strome has. Seems extremely silly to have Davidsson ranked above Mittelstadt.
Because Mittelstadt's production in his D+1 year wasn't good?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It’s not a subjective list. It’s based on the calculation that spits out the value on the far right column.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Mittelstadt and Dahlin not on that list. Laughable.

It's a list from a guy who has never seen these kids play, has no scouting background, and is basing his list solely on previous statistics. But, so much of the evaluation of prospects is the projected growth and upside, and that can't always be determined with stats.

A talented 17 year old playing on a veteran Stan Butler team is never going to put of big numbers, how a player is used in juniors is so important. I hardy even look or care about point totals with prospects, watch the player play.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
It’s not a subjective list. It’s based on the calculation that spits out the value on the far right column.
The value is accumulative too so I’m assuming the more games you play the more value you add. And pro leagues are worth more.... it doesn’t look like any NCAA prospects are on there...

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
With how little he's ever brought up I've almost forgotten that he even existed. Glad to hear he is performing well, could slot in to be a good winger down the road.

Reactions: Graves

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It's a list from a guy who has never seen these kids play, has no scouting background, and is basing his list solely on previous statistics. But, so much of the evaluation of prospects is the projected growth and upside, and that can't always be determined with stats.

A talented 17 year old playing on a veteran Stan Butler team is never going to put of big numbers, how a player is used in juniors is so important. I hardy even look or care about point totals with prospects, watch the player play.

Brad Moran says you're wrong about player stats.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Leave it to Sabres fans to get miffed over a list that says, "Hey, this guy you drafted in the 2nd round has some really good numbers that indicate future success," because Mittelstadt - who we all know had his production affected by being on a bad team, and passes the eye test for all of us - isn't on the list. FFS.

I just want to know who samreinfart is based on who liked your post. Why doesn't he post all the time? Why isn't he the only one who posts?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If you're high on Asplund but don't know much about Davidsson you should watch him. You'll like what you see.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lost 2-1 yesterday in the season opener, 13:01 in TOI (9th among forwards), 62.5% from the dot, 1 shot on goal.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Then how will we know he does them?

Watch the games.

Eg:

If he's F1 on the forecheck, is he effectively turning the puck carrier to a side?
Is he transitioning from F1 or F2 to F3 and getting back to back check if the center and other wing go deep?
Is he getting back into the zone and posting up deep enough to make the outlet pass easy?

These are the things which win hockey games but don't often translate to the score sheet. All teams need players like Davidsson to win. He'll be a version of Hecht for the Sabres once he makes the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->