Recalled/Assigned: Marco Scandella

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I missed this guy.
That's because you are a fool who doesn't listen to the constant haters saying he's trash based. Even though they are basing that on the fact that he had bad games when the entire Wild was imploding last year and that he was in Houston for this year.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Scandella had one play in the corner in the third period where he stayed with his guy and made an awesome poke check and took the puck. It was very Brodinish. That one play in the second where Kane (?) got by him for a breakaway and they saucered the puck by him that was horrible though. That was Stonerish. Overall the kid play well.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
That's because you are a fool who doesn't listen to the constant haters saying he's trash based. Even though they are basing that on the fact that he had bad games when the entire Wild was imploding last year and that he was in Houston for this year.

The knock on Scandella has NEVER been that he can not show himself every odd game or two. It's that he's never strung anything resembling consistent play together. Don't let that get in the way of calling out 'dem haters, though.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
I still have high hopes for Scandy. The issue,as tp pointed out, is that we don't see this play over long stretches of time and he is injury prone. If he can gain some consistency and stay healthy, he is a second pairing defenseman. (Though I am not saying he will fix all our defensive woes).

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The knock on Scandella has NEVER been that he can not show himself every odd game or two. It's that he's never strung anything resembling consistent play together. Don't let that get in the way of calling out 'dem haters, though.
Starting after that seasons implosion through about a week ago, you couldn't say Scandella without somebody immediately responding that Scandella has been a huge disappointment and has a very questionable future with the Wild.

I don't view that opinion as worth much. It seems reactionary, overly negative, and highly emotional. Scandella just seemed to be the new blueline whipping boy.

Did Scandella have some rough games last season? Yep. Was he playing above where he should have been because the Wild had complete junk on the blueline last season and had they weren't getting any offense or defensive help from the forwards? Hell yeah.

Sorry, but you don't know much about hockey if you were disappointed or suprised that a 21-year-old blueliner was inconsistent on last year's team. Or that the same blueliner stays in the minors during the following season, which is short and didn't have a camp, when he's working through multiple injuries.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
:laugh:

It's when people say things like this that tends to render the rest of their attempt at discussion meaningless.
1) Honey, you are crazy if you think buying a $5000 bag is a savy investment.

2) Honey, you are crazy.

Oh, when I say #1, you may hear #2, but #1 =/= #2.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Lets try not to stray too far away from the simple reality that Scandella can not and is still not viewed any differently today than he was one season ago at this time. It still speaks to his complete inability to find any sort of consistency or aspect to build his game around; as well as general lack of progression in his development.

One solid outing in a playoff game, in which many Wild players seen their first playoff game showed equally well, does not change that.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'll say this, it's better that Scandy has flashes of brilliant play. He's early enough in his career that he could become more consistent. But better to have flashes of great play than to be consistently mediocre and never show anything.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Lets try not to stray too far away from the simple reality that Scandella can not and is still not viewed any differently today than he was one season ago at this time. It still speaks to his complete inability to find any sort of consistency or aspect to build his game around; as well as general lack of progression in his development.

One solid outing in a playoff game, in which many Wild players seen their first playoff game showed equally well, does not change that.
You are the one straying.

You just described about 80% of the team, including Suter, Koivu, Parise, Setoguchi, Falk, Stoner, Spurgeon, Backstrom.

Scandella had massive improvements for 3 years after the draft, where he went from a 2nd round project to top pairing potential, and then plateaued this season when he had multiple injuries and it was a lock-out shortened season.

His development came down to earth. Big deal.

Not sure how that translate to massive hyperbole in your assessment of him.

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Can we just accept that tp is probably never going to say anything positive about Scandella and move on? I respect his opinions more than just about anyone on this board but it's been made abundantly clear the past few years that he refuses to acknowledge that Scandella is or could be a solid NHL player.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
:)

Knew somebody would pick that up.
It really is disheartening to see, actually...

Example; Players are not executing the system outlined by the coach. Players admit that their execution sucked in a game (post game). Coaches fault. #FireYeo.

Example: Half of our "top-six" are playing through injuries, including Koivu, who looks like he has an ankle issue. Tear the C from his sweater because he grumbles at the media. #FireKoivu.

Example: Scandella played solid hockey last season and makes Tom Gilbert look respectable, but due to 1-way contracts, gets assigned to Houston. He gets injured. He sucks. #FireScandella.

Example: Fletcher has a 7.5 million dollar player injured. He trades assets to bolster his roster for what looks (at the time) like a possible home ice playoff run. Yeo mixes up lines to try to min/max his roster, it doesn't work. #FireFletcher.

The bi-polar nature of the posters here have pretty much driven me over to Twitter 100% of the time... It is just lawlzworthy in a sad and pathetic definition.

Billy Mays Here*

If Stoner is injured I'm guessing we see Scandella bumped up to the 2nd pairing with Gilbert and Falk (please not Clark) paired with Spurg. Gilbert and Scandy seemed to play fairly well together last season.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
An inconsistent young D?? Welcome to every other team in the league. Some of you people need to spend some time studying other orginization, seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad